The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-24-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbucci View Post
I picked up an AR371 and it is a fantastic guitar. It is stock. I almost went down that pickup swap trail. I lowered the pickup down a bit and adjusted the pole pieces lower almost flush and found the sweet spot for my playing and it is now dialed in. I've got a diamond tolex style Polytone Mini Brute III that I play it through.
Those polytone mini brute amps are really good. I forgot about those.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:10 AM

I’ve had a jones for an 803ce for a while. They’re amazing, and the single-pickup (neck position) models have an old L-5 vibe.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:13 PM

I have been watching out for an AR372. I used to own a Godin 5th Avenue but the neck was a tad narrow for me so I sold it. Time will tell if the AR372 comes my way.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:54 PM

Default Acoustic archtop. No cutaway

I don't believe Eastman still produces an all acoustic archtop with no cutaway. In my search for one, I'm seeing a lot of old youtubes with just what I'm looking for. The blonde in the background for example;
Old 03-31-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
I don't believe Eastman still produces an all acoustic archtop with no cutaway...
They still make the AR610 as a regular-production item - Soundpure gets them on a semi-regular basis - and TMK any authorized Eastman dealer can order an AR810/910 without electronics or cutaway...
Old 03-31-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
They still make the AR610 as a regular-production item - Soundpure gets them on a semi-regular basis - and TMK any authorized Eastman dealer can order an AR810/910 without electronics or cutaway...
You're right! Quick check of the Eastman website shows both the 805 and 610 are in production.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Recently I played a new Eastman 910CE (17 inch), their flagship model, I believe.

It was VERY responsive and had great sound acoustic and amplified. The $3k price tag made it, for now, a purchase down the road when I'm ready for it. Check out the DjangoBooks website which has demos on most all of their Eastman guitars, among other French stuff. On YouTube, too.

For now, my recently bought (used) Godin 5th Avenue Jazz model is more than good enough for me to learn jazz stylings.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops