The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 09-20-2018, 12:23 AM

Exclamation Concern about neck

Hi Guys,
Another long time user but first time poster. I need an opinion.
I have had 6 or 7 taylors over the years and have repaired and built many guitars(no acoustics though)as a hobby.
I came across a deal for an almost pristine 416-CE-LTD with the granadillo back sides, maple neck maple binding ect. played great.
the problem as pointed out by the store owner, good friend by the way, is the previous owner cracked the heel of the neck , Half way up from the heel cap, right along the grain. It stops about 1/2 inch from the body and has been repaired expertly so you would problably not notice except the finish needs polishing out. No problems with neck set up,tuning issues, I just don't know if it's worth the money,
Like I said I have had many Taylors but this will be the last(retired Yea! boo!!)Dude asking shade under $1400 like I said it looks pristine, hard shell case looks brand new even.
Well sorry about long post but I know there are a lot of wheeler dealer and collectors and I would love to hear some opinons on buying an injured Taylor, Peg head broke I wouldn;t think twice. but this is a little different,
Thanks

Keary
Old 09-20-2018, 03:11 AM

Not an issue, if it’s been repaired well then it’s good for life.

You can also buy a replacement neck from Taylor at a later date, if long term it becomes a concern to you

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair