The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

That is a beautiful guitar (even though I'm very happy with one I have - until now). Drooling...
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=572579
Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrell View Post
That is a beautiful guitar (even though I'm very happy with one I have - until now). Drooling...
sent you a pm. Thanks!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Kind AGF folks, I am still in shock that this guitar is still here!! Although I’ve had a number of people inquire, and several very close to buying it, it is still for sale. I’m currently considering pulling this one off the market if it doesn’t sell soon. I think if anyone out there really realized how good this guitar really is, certainly it would have been gone weeks ago.

So, if you have any interest, speak now. I’m pretty flexible and will consider reasonable cash offers on this guitar. I’m also open to taking a guitar in trade as an accommodation to those who might have to trade one to acquire another...assuming the trade comes also with a significant cash portion.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Smile Shocked...

No Kidding! Mike is shocked for good reason.

I know how good it is, but I am overloaded and have my THREE CUSTOM John Kinnairds and another in the works!

This is ridiculously underpriced! Seriously !!!

If only more folks had ever played one of John Kinnaird's instruments this would be went long ago.

A bunch of top shelf AGFers have said this already, but buy with confidence is certainly the situation here !

You can not go wrong here.

Mike if your out of room in your house you can store it at mine... haha

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 09-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Charter Member

I am amazed that this is still here.

If I were not loaded up with a sick number of guitars including specimens from both Kinnaird brothers, this would already be in my stable.

Do yourself a huge favor and buy this baby. You will not be disappointed.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:46 AM

Mike, this is a most haunting piece.
Doesn't it have everything you'd want?
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 09-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
Mike, this is a most haunting piece.
Doesn't it have everything you'd want?
Alan, it has everything ANYONE would want...absolutely gorgeous, easy to play, minty condition, and sounds fantastic. If it weren't for the number of guitars I have that I need to sell, it wouldn't be going anywhere.

I'm sure it would sound even better in Hawaii

Old 09-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful instrument and put together like a piece of art. The abalone and wood inlays look fantastic. A lot of work went into this guitar and judging by the prices on JK's website your asking price is very good.

That said, when considering a purchase of this magnitude it would be nice to have all the specs listed in the initial post.

For example, on JK's website he does not list the scale length for the West Coast model. Is it long or short scale ?

What is the string spacing at the bridge ?

What is the action at the 12th fret, E and e strings ?

What is the body depth at the tail end and neck joint ?

If I was seriously thinking of purchasing I would also ask about the depth of the neck carve from first fret to 12th fret.

People familiar with the guitar can rave about it, but when buying over the internet you are taking a chance on the subjective sound and play-ability of a specific instrument and that is a leap of faith that you can't really do anything about. It is great when all of the other things are listed out in plain sight to consider, sort of like what Martin provides for their models on their website.

Best of luck with the sale. If I owned it I'd be keeping it based on looks alone, but we all have our reasons for selling great instruments !
Old 09-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDEMO1 View Post
Beautiful instrument and put together like a piece of art. The abalone and wood inlays look fantastic. A lot of work went into this guitar and judging by the prices on JK's website your asking price is very good.

That said, when considering a purchase of this magnitude it would be nice to have all the specs listed in the initial post.

For example, on JK's website he does not list the scale length for the West Coast model. Is it long or short scale ?

What is the string spacing at the bridge ?

What is the action at the 12th fret, E and e strings ?

What is the body depth at the tail end and neck joint ?

If I was seriously thinking of purchasing I would also ask about the depth of the neck carve from first fret to 12th fret.

People familiar with the guitar can rave about it, but when buying over the internet you are taking a chance on the subjective sound and play-ability of a specific instrument and that is a leap of faith that you can't really do anything about. It is great when all of the other things are listed out in plain sight to consider, sort of like what Martin provides for their models on their website.

Best of luck with the sale. If I owned it I'd be keeping it based on looks alone, but we all have our reasons for selling great instruments !
Thanks Mark! You're right, I'll update the ad as soon as I can and get that additional info there. When I listed this guitar I listed two others as well and didn't really do a great job in the "spec" area.

You're right, this guitar is one of the prettiest I've ever held or played for that matter. Beautiful and tonally awesome; a dream to play!

Someone needs to buy this before I change my mind and pull it off the market. I gotta say again that I'm shocked it hasn't sold already. So many people that have been SOOO close to buying it. But, I truly believe that the "right person" is out there, possibly reading this ad right now. If so, reach out to me and make me a reasonable offer. You could be playing this one before the weekend!

I'm listening...

Old 09-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Well, here is the much anticipated video that so many have asked for. It is just a phone video so the quality of the audio is representative but not close to what you would hear in person. Sorry for the video quality...not sure why it turn ed out that way on YouTube because the quality on my phone looks fine. Also Sorry for the scratchy stuff as the person holding the phone wasn't holding it still

So, enjoy. Hopefully this is representative enough to get one of the MANY who are on the sideline off the fence and on to a GREAT guitar!

Last edited by invguy921; 09-22-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:01 PM

Jeez! Your mitts make that guitar look like a toy.
Sounds great
Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jägernaut View Post
Jeez! Your mitts make that guitar look like a toy.
Sounds great
Ha! That guy playing isn't me....sure wish it was.

It's a good friend of mine. You're right he does have big hands

Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

Are you people all crazy??!! This is such a good deal. How is it possible that it has not been sold already?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

Great looking and now great sounding Kinnaird.

Excellent deal from a great seller.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Are you people all crazy??!! This is such a good deal. How is it possible that it has not been sold already?
Well I’m not crazy and do appreciate it, but personally I don’t have $8000; how about you?
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars