The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-22-2019, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Want To Buy: Takamine TAN 45C

Any info to help me in my search would be appreciated...it's a discontinued model.....out working tonight...I'll check back this evening.....thanks
Old 11-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Charter Member

wanting the NEX body, Cedar top, RW B&S.....with cool tube.....
Old 11-24-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

If you can live with a dread, this one is outstanding (and reluctantly up for sale).

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=564149
Old 11-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Charter Member

appreciate that, Brent, but looking for the smaller bodies.....50 yrs of standing up and I'm finally "reduced"...ha...ha...to sit down gigs.....the dreads and jumbos I've played for years play, for me, easier standing than sitting.....
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

I own 8 Takamine's as they are my favorite live playing guitars. I find out of my 8 I mostly play 3 to 4 of them as they are my favs. I'll have to check for sure what model I have that might fit the bill for what you are after. (At work right now so I don't have it in front of me)

I think it's a TAN77 which is smaller OM style body with Cedar top & Koa back and sides. All solid I believe. It has a CT-2 and also have a mag pickup in it that you can blend in.

I do know that this has a 1 & 3/4 nut width which is a little hard to find in the Takamine lineup.

Let me know if this is anything that might interest you at all and we can go from there.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 11-25-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

benderman.....yes, I'm interested.....there are a couple TAN 77s listed on Reverb now...I'm keeping an eye on them.....I've been looking for the 45-C with the NEX body, and RW, but maybe (with a lot of NAK experience) you can fill me in...OM vs NEX, if I'm plugged in, is the out front sound that much diff in the two sizes? and, how much diff will there sound wise with Koa vs RW B&S?
thanks.....

benderman.....and I've been trying to figure out if the TANs have the asymmetrical necks (like the pro series) or more of the rounder, fatter blue grass shaped neck...I do like the feel of the pro series necks.....

Last edited by krugjr; 11-25-2019 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added info from other bump.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugjr View Post
benderman.....yes, I'm interested.....there are a couple TAN 77s listed on Reverb now...I'm keeping an eye on them.....I've been looking for the 45-C with the NEX body, and RW, but maybe (with a lot of NAK experience) you can fill me in...OM vs NEX, if I'm plugged in, is the out front sound that much diff in the two sizes? and, how much diff will there sound wise with Koa vs RW B&S?
thanks.....

benderman.....and I've been trying to figure out if the TANs have the asymmetrical necks (like the pro series) or more of the rounder, fatter blue grass shaped neck...I do like the feel of the pro series necks.....
The only NEX body that I still own is a P7NC but I have owned many different NEX body Taks. I really enjoy both but to be truthful I gravitate towards Dreads other than my Jumbo 12 string. My favs are my Bluegrass models.

I don't think the TAN77 has the asymmetrical neck shape more of a bigger C I would say. It's not near as beefy as my Bluegrass models and may be what you are after as it's very comfy.

Main difference plugged in I would say is the OM body is a little more focused in the mids and really in a band situation speaks very well as it does not have a big hump in the low end you always have to roll out.

Acoustically really none of my Taks are gonna make you say WOW. With the exception of the Bluegrass models that are pretty dandy unplugged. They are in my mind meant to be plugged in and played live. They do this better than most guitars our there and all the controls are at your finger tips.

I need to find some time to actually grab it and take a few pics so I can send them to you. I do humidify all my wooden guitars but I've not played this one is several months and I gig all the time.

If you want to see some pics send me a PM with your email and I can send some over. I'm not really trying to sell this but saw your posting and thought I might sell as I don't play it often.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 11-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

PM sent.....
Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Charter Member

still keeping an eye out for a Takamine TAN 45C.....
Old 03-28-2021, 09:23 AM

Hi krugjr, if you are still interested I have a TAN45C i'd consider parting with. I'm in Atlanta.
Email me at bakelitemusic at yahoo dot com. I don't keep up with PMs here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krugjr View Post
still keeping an eye out for a Takamine TAN 45C.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars