The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-02-2021, 02:12 PM

Default Shure VP88

I had been looking for a good deal on a Shure VP88 for about six months and I just got one on eBay. It is a high quality small diaphragm MS condenser mic. I have a friend who uses one on his trumpet and highly recommended it. I just got it a few hours ago, so I haven't recovered anything with it yet. But in quick testing it sounds great

Is anyone else using this mic on guitar?
Old 03-02-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I had been looking for a good deal on a Shure VP88 for about six months and I just got one on eBay. It is a high quality small diaphragm MS condenser mic. I have a friend who uses one on his trumpet and highly recommended it. I just got it a few hours ago, so I haven't recovered anything with it yet. But in quick testing it sounds great

Is anyone else using this mic on guitar?
Outta my league! With all the discussion of counterfeit SM57s on eBay are you concerned at all with that?
Old 03-02-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Outta my league! With all the discussion of counterfeit SM57s on eBay are you concerned at all with that?
I don't think it is popular enough to be counterfeit. That's mostly the popular models.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD