The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2021, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Default Voice Live Play

Does anyone have experience using VLP to make their own custom sound and then save it in Favorites?

I'd like to make a sound that would include some delay, reverb, doubling and a harmony. The manual doesn't give any advanced programming instruction. And with just one Favorites its fairly limited in how much if anything can be created beyond the factory presets.

Would editing a preset to add my delay, reverb, harmony then renaming and saving get me what I want?

Any suggestions?)
Old 04-19-2021, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denandannie View Post
Does anyone have experience using VLP to make their own custom sound and then save it in Favorites?

I'd like to make a sound that would include some delay, reverb, doubling and a harmony. The manual doesn't give any advanced programming instruction. And with just one Favorites its fairly limited in how much if anything can be created beyond the factory presets.

Would editing a preset to add my delay, reverb, harmony then renaming and saving get me what I want?

Any suggestions?)
Yes it’s fairly easy. Just edit a preset and store it.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:52 PM

Yes, what Aaron said. Starting with something that is close and modify it. You should also copy the preset you want to edit (save it under another number) so you can at least get it back to the starting point should you not like what you created. If you don’t like it, you can delete the one you edited, copy the old, original, factory preset again and start over.

Once you get what You want, save the preset and leave it alone. When you get to your venue, you can adjust the main level in the main menu. It doesn’t affect the preset, just the amount that gets applied to the final output. The purpose of this main setting is to adjust to the amount of natural reverb in the room. I think there is also a main harmony.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification