The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-14-2016, 01:22 PM

Default Stolen Olson

I just wanted to post that I have recently had an Olson SJ Cutaway stolen from my house in Baton Rouge LA. Any info is appreciated.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

So sorry to hear this! Best of luck in getting it back. I hope that it works out. When a friend of mine had a high end guitar stolen, she contacted all of the guitar stores and pawn shops in about 4 counties and it did show up when the person who stole it tried to sell it to a local dealer. It is worth getting the word out there. She also contacted the luthier so he would be aware in case they contacted him directly. And of course, she contacted the police. She did get her guitar back. Again - best of luck and let us know what happens.

Best,
Jayne
Old 11-14-2016, 01:34 PM

What a terrible first post on the AGF! So sorry to read this! Anybody who would steal a guitar is a true lowlife. I hope and pray as I type this that it will be located and returned in good shape. (Welcome to the AGF - hope you soon have good news to report.)

cotten
Old 11-14-2016, 01:50 PM

If the guitar was the only item stolen the thief knew you owned the guitar and also knows its value. It may not show up for awhile, and it may not even show up in Louisiana. Or who knows. Thieves usually are lazy and stupid.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:28 PM

+1 on the thief likely knowing you and that guitar. Typical B&E thieves don't steal instruments as they are too easy to trace. Hope you get it back!

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 11-14-2016, 03:58 PM

That's terrible. I am so sorry. Share more details on serial, shape, wood combo etc., and if you have any pics please post.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:13 PM

As others said contact local guitar shops and pawn shops in the area. Provide description and serial number. Also maybe try contacting Olsen, in case anyone tries contacting him for more info about the guitar.
1968 Yamaha FG-180
Old 11-14-2016, 04:21 PM

Wouldn't you want to post a picture of the guitar and serial number? That way anybody who googled for more information would know that the guitar was stolen.

Also, there is a site out there called http://www.stolenguitarregistry.com/
Old 11-14-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnugent1 View Post
I just wanted to post that I have recently had an Olson SJ Cutaway stolen from my house in Baton Rouge LA. Any info is appreciated.
Sorry to hear this. You should post pictures and serial number here so folks reading this can keep an eye out for it.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Default Olson

Serial #1240
Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 PM

Default Olson

How do I post a picture of the guitar? The pic is on my phone and desktop...I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

J
Old 11-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Charter Member

Sorry to hear about this getting stolen!! It seems like the type of instrument that would be hard to sell with out raising some red flags so hopefully you'll get it back. I keep my serial numbers written down on all my guitars for this purpose because most of them would stick out like a sore thumb if some one tried to sell them in any official capacity.

I had a cheaper electric stolen from my church years ago and the fella put an add in the news paper and a police officer called about it and went and arrested the thief and I got my guitar back. It was a $550 Ibanez at the time. Now I have several expensive instruments like a Ryan Nightingale.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 11-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnugent1 View Post
How do I post a picture of the guitar? The pic is on my phone and desktop...I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

J
You have two options. Either upload pics to a third party site like Photobucket and then post the link here, or become an AGF Charter Member ($25/yr) where you can upload directly to your posts from your computing device.

I sure hope you get your Olson back!
Old 11-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D
Old 11-14-2016, 06:46 PM

Default Olson

Thanks Eric!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion