The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-11-2020, 06:33 PM

In my stash:

1985 Rolex "Pepsi" GMT Master

1985 Rolex Datejust

1969 Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch"

2019 Omega Seamaster

Last edited by 6L6; 08-15-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:43 PM

I have 3 nice Citizen watches and 1 good work watch, my G-shock Rangermaster.

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
In my stash:

1985 Rolex "Pepsi" GMT Master

1985 Rolex Datejust

1969 Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch"

2019 Omega Seamaster

I'd put up a pic but I have no idea how to do that on this forum.
Got to upload through another site and then link it here. Or you could do what I'ma do in September and become a Charter member, allowing you to upload and easily post it here.

Other than that, WOW WHAT A FINE COLLECTION. I wish I had a moon watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I have 3 nice Citizen watches and 1 good work watch, my G-shock Rangermaster.
That second one tricked me there. Thought it was a Breitling. Nice set of Citizens by the way.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:01 PM

Received a Tag Heuer diving watch for my High School graduation in 1995. Wore it non-stop until last summer when I decided to get a smartwatch. Wore a Samsung Active (?) for ~2 months then picked up a Tag Heuer Formula 1 in St Martin last summer. Then went nuts and picked up the following:
Hamilton Khaki Field Auto
Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical
Hamilton Pilot Pioneer Mechanical
Longines Master Collection

Holding off a bit for now but hope to eventually add an Omega Moonwatch.

My Dad had a Rolex for many years but he sold it a few years back before I had a chance to snag it from him.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egordon99 View Post
Received a Tag Heuer diving watch for my High School graduation in 1995. Wore it non-stop until last summer when I decided to get a smartwatch. Wore a Samsung Active (?) for ~2 months then picked up a Tag Heuer Formula 1 in St Martin last summer. Then went nuts and picked up the following:
Hamilton Khaki Field Auto
Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical
Hamilton Pilot Pioneer Mechanical
Longines Master Collection

Holding off a bit for now but hope to eventually add an Omega Moonwatch.

My Dad had a Rolex for many years but he sold it a few years back before I had a chance to snag it from him.
Who doesn't want the one, the grreat and almightiest Moon Watch? It's one of the most iconic pieces in timepiece history and beats out the Seamaster worn by Bond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
My 1st watch - the Timex I got when I turned 12 (I'm now 64)
A nice Tissot. ( had a new battery fitted yesterday )
My old man easy-to-read waterproof Pulsar with velcro strap.
My Tag 2000 chrono with leather strap.
That Tissot is fire!

Last edited by LeDave; 08-11-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

I thought there was an earlier thread on this here, but maybe it was another forum...

I've got a couple pocket watches that were my dad's military/pilot watch in WWII and his dad's old art deco thing. Had my other grandfather's really nice deco watch (some kind of 3-color gold case) but gave that to my sis for her 50th because she was really his favorite .

I have my dad's Rolex and the Accutron I got for HS graduation - it still runs.

While I wore them all the time most of my life, I just don't wear watches much anymore. Since being retired I slowly let it slip, though I was pretty good about it until this year. Now, hell, I don't even know what month it is, and I am probably about 25% as hooked on the smartphone for everything temporal as a millennial. I have to admit, watches seem like buggy whips these days.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDave View Post
Got to upload through another site and then link it here. Or you could do what I'ma do in September and become a Charter member, allowing you to upload and easily post it here.

Other than that, WOW WHAT A FINE COLLECTION. I wish I had a moon watch.

That second one tricked me there. Thought it was a Breitling. Nice set of Citizens by the way.

Thanks! A Breitling is my dream watch, but I can’t justify the price, so this is my Breitling substitute!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 08-11-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Here was my precious,

I have the same watch, except mine is on the bracelet. I suppose I should shoot some pictures of it!

Some of the ones I've had and let go:

The Omega Planet Ocean:

The Breitling:

My first "nice" watch was a Rolex Date-Just I bought at a shopping mall jewelry store back in 1986 for $1,100. I wish I still had it. I didn't own another "high end" watch until I bought my Oris Williams F1 back in 2005:

I also have a rather nice Edouard Lauzeires Park Avenue. It wasn't terribly expensive, but it's awfully classy looking:

My most prized watch, however, is the one I wore during Desert Storm. It's a Citizen, although I'm not sure of the model. I was deployed for just over ten months, and this watch was on my wrist every single day. I call it "The Watch That Won The War":

I've also got my Dad's old Hamilton, which my grandparents gave him as a high school graduation present back in 1950:

I also have my Grandfather's old Fortis:

and my Step-Dad's old Omega Seamaster:

Last edited by CoffeeFan; 08-12-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:44 AM

Nice, some favorites have been posted here. I still appreciate them but am well into never wearing the anymore. Especially since my watch became my phone. Even more since pandemic. The watch washes off and helps keep hands off the phone when I'm at work.

The Apple Watch is also superb for getting me an array of alarms and notifications for work.

This is also interesting because we got my mother a cellular Apple Watch over the options we found for at home safety, and after she had a terrible fall the watch would have detected.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:43 AM

Here's a couple more,

Old 08-12-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Here's a couple more,

It's a great piece, isn't it?

I used to have a Seamaster that had the blue "wave" dial:

The wave "treatment" was pretty subtle, and you almost didn't really notice it (I gave that watch to my brother for his 50th birthday 11 years ago). The new Seamasters with that dial, though, look incredibly cheap in my opinion. They reworked the dial face and, well, ruined it, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't wear one of them if it was given to me.

When Omega introduced the plain black face, though, man... I knew it'd be the one.

And it is...
Old 08-12-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
Thanks! A Breitling is my dream watch, but I can’t justify the price, so this is my Breitling substitute!
I guess it all depends on what you're into.

When I gifted by Omega Seamaster to my brother 11 years ago, I replaced it with this Breitling Avenger Seawolf:

I bought it from a dealer in Dallas (same place I purchased the Omega), and paid right around $1,800 for it, although they're more commonly found in the $2,500 range these days.

You have a guitar in your signature which has a $6,000 retail price tag. I'm sure you feel that the price you paid for that guitar was worth it to you. I however, could never justify spending that much on a guitar.

It's all about perspective and what you enjoy. I used to enjoy guitar, but my interests have changed to the point where I'm poised to drop about five grand on a camera...
Old 08-12-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
It's a great piece, isn't it?

I used to have a Seamaster that had the blue "wave" dial:

The wave "treatment" was pretty subtle, and you almost didn't really notice it (I gave that watch to my brother for his 50th birthday 11 years ago). The new Seamasters with that dial, though, look incredibly cheap in my opinion. They reworked the dial face and, well, ruined it, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't wear one of them if it was given to me.

When Omega introduced the plain black face, though, man... I knew it'd be the one.

And it is...
I agree, the new Omega's SMP wave sucks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic