The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-25-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
We should elect Sir Whale as our ambassador and ask him to represent the English speaking world in dealing with Dlutowski. He could help them address questions from this side of the pond: specs? Finish possibilities? Custom possibilities like 1.7/8 nut width? Tariff costs? Sale price on Columbus day? Etc.

As our ambassador, Sir could expect a great visit with the maker and could then do a review for a colonial market.
Maybe SW can get us a group rate‽ Buy 6 and the 7th guitar goes to our dear uncle free of charge. Now that's a lagniappe!

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-26-2020, 02:13 AM

From the blog article and videos it appears that Jerzy Dlutowski has figured out how to make high performance nylon string carbon fibre guitars.

As a one person businesses, he will continue to make CF guitars only if he has sales and profits and fun.

He could decide to pause CF anytime and concentrate on making wood guitars.

BTW:
• Don't expect a one man custom shop to have a fancy website. He probably doesn't list guitar dimensions because luthiers and customers of Spanish guitars expect the same basic dimensions.

• Ask whether the price includes Value Added Tax. The VAT won't be charged on shipments to a country outside the EU.

• It's the responsibility of officials in the importing country to assess and collect import fees, tariffs (guitars are 6% under section XVIII chapter 92-07), and sales taxes. Jurisdictions vary on strictness and laxity.

Last edited by casualmusic; 07-26-2020 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

We should elect Sir Whale as our ambassador ...

As our ambassador, Sir could expect a great visit with the maker and could then do a review for a colonial market.
He might prioritize the visit if likely buyers contribute to the cost of travel to Madrid

Last edited by casualmusic; 07-26-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Guest 928

Casual;

Well that's a pretty good idea. I would be willing to prioritize a trip to Madrid if forum subsidized (travel, food and lodging, and one guitar).
Old 07-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Maybe Dlutowski could loan you a guitar, (or maybe even 2 guitars, one classical model and one flamenco model) and everyone who helps subsidize your trip gets to play the loaner guitar(s) for a week. At the end of the (double?) round robin, someone would probably buy the guitar(s) and very possibly at least one other person would purchase a guitar from Dlutowski too.

Wait, why pay for a trip, (especially during this COVID season)? Why not just suggest the (double?) round robin guitar road trip to Dlutowski? If no one wants to buy the guitar(s) at the end of the road trip we offer to all chip in equally and donate the guitar(s) to one of the many guitar charities out there, guitars for vets, guitars for prisoners, guitars for underprivileged children, or some such.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:11 PM
Guest 928

Cecil;

A road trip would be good. Michael, from the old forum, made the road trips work but only with a great deal of organization and time.

Maybe it would better if everyone on this forum put up the bucks for a Dlutowski to be delivered to a worthy cause--for example, the elderly. I would sacrifice my time to represent such a cause.

Or maybe, someone could do a go-fund-me thingee in order to bring a new guitar to America. You could promise to sacrifice your time to produce a thorough review of the instrument complete with video.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Ooooooppppsss disregard

Last edited by ceciltguitar; 07-27-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Guest 928

Cecil;

Now you have me wondering what you didn't say.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

I accidentally wrote a response here that belonged on another thread While distracted by 21 month old granddaughter.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

So has anyone here tried playing or purchasing a Dlutowski yet?

Previous discussion on this thread of group purchase and / or road trip fizzled out, so apparently not enough interest to pursue that avenue.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Guest 928

I like the sound of the guitar, but find the nut width daunting and the guitar looks a little big for my taste.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber