The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-20-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
As a Bruins fan too, what worries me most in a Cup final is Binnington (Blues' goalie). He's had an amazing 5 months or so of hockey.
That is true. Goaltending is key during a playoff run. Rask has also played off his head lately and I hope he maintains. Hot goaltenders can take a team off their game. A couple of soft goals...things can go the other way. Talk to Carolina about that. I am liking the Bruins defense as a team. Very disciplined. They will forecheck you as needed but if the play comes back they are there. Very defensive minded but they can go on offence when the situation presents itself. Your goaltender has to hold the fort from time to time and that can be the difference. But the Bruins can play with anybody.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:07 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterhound View Post
The only redeeming quality that the Bruins have is that they were amongst the original 6 .
Well, the boys are still playing. They play pretty good. A redeeming quality I suppose considering they made it to the Cup finals. I may have seen a few Ranger players out on the golf course yesterday which is interesting all things considered. (smiley face emoticon!)
Old 05-21-2019, 06:15 AM

Default yup

Wondering how many Sharks will suit-up for game 6? Most are in bad shape. this should be a cake walk for the Blues.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Sharks come around. I have been worrying about the Blues as a Bruins fan lately. I only have so much worrying in me as I need to focus. Let's watch tonight. I hope for good health for all the players.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:08 AM

Thumbs up yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting if the Sharks come around. I have been worrying about the Blues as a Bruins fan lately. I only have so much worrying in me as I need to focus. Let's watch tonight. I hope for good health for all the players.
If the Sharks win this game, game 7 will be *epic*...but that's a bIG *if*
Old 05-21-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
If the Sharks win this game, game 7 will be *epic*...but that's a bIG *if*
I guess we really can't count anybody out in this playoff. What a strange ride. Good defense from the goalie out with the forwards back checking seems key to me. Try to maximize your offensive opportunities when they come. Team play will work with any team and any roster. Sure helps to have your best guys going though. One thing I've noticed with the Bruins is that if a play doesn't work in the offensive zone they are on their tails to get back to help. I credit that to coaching as they all seem to be on the same page except when their not of course! There is Hockey! Oh, and please clear the zone because I don't want to develop a heart condition. I know that is selfish but I care! I don't know who to root for in the Shark/St Louis series. Oh well, come what may!

Last edited by Jobe; 05-21-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Carolina coming in as a wild card finally showed. Bruins have now won 7 in a row and Rask has 2 consecutive shutouts in series clinching games. Great that the Bruins have time to rest but I hope that the Western Series is over quickly so that there's not too much rest.

Go Bruins!
Same sentiment here. Although the Sharks are looking a bit beat up right, but still it's all about the will. who want's it more. Will be watching game 6 tonight, Blues will be a much tougher match for Boston. at least, that's how I've been reading it in what I've seen.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
Same sentiment here. Although the Sharks are looking a bit beat up right, but still it's all about the will. who want's it more. Will be watching game 6 tonight, Blues will be a much tougher match for Boston. at least, that's how I've been reading it in what I've seen.
Well, we got Bobby Orr. Last I heard he was ready but he needed to stretch out a little bit. No he will not be wearing a helmet so keep the sticks down. Yes, he bought a new knee so watch out. !
Old 05-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with my buddy in St Louis.....he says the consensus in St Louis is the sharks are still dangerous, but the champagne is on ice
Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM

Ice melts. Very confusing if you are a bottle of champagne. Best of luck to all tonight!
Old 05-21-2019, 01:14 PM

We could use a world championship here in Boston, we haven't had a parade in almost 3 months! [emoji1787]

Old 05-21-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
We could use a world championship here in Boston, we haven't had a parade in almost 3 months! [emoji1787]

Now that was funny Arch! The Celtics went down so I guess that leaves another space in the rafters for the Bruins. Share and share alike I always say. Go "B" go.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post

LOL ... and the previous championship before that one was three months prior.

Blues leading the Sharks 3-1 heading into the third period.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
LOL ... and the previous championship before that one was three months prior.

Blues leading the Sharks 3-1 heading into the third period.
Go Boston!
Go New England!
Old 05-22-2019, 01:04 PM

Boston and St. Louis for the Stanley Cup!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic