The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-11-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Looks like he NHL is reuniting with ESPN. Good for both entities!

https://theathletic.com/news/espn-nh...s/JqkVcY1Ks6nH
It's excellent news and should help bring focus to the NHL in the US. Perhaps now the "NHL" link on the website will move from being buried "..." (more) section and will be next to the NFL/MLB/NBA.

Patrick Laine's trade to Columbus isn't doing very well. 7 consecutive games without a point. Perhaps Winnipeg wasn't the problem.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
It's excellent news and should help bring focus to the NHL in the US. Perhaps now the "NHL" link on the website will move from being buried "..." (more) section and will be next to the NFL/MLB/NBA.

Patrick Laine's trade to Columbus isn't doing very well. 7 consecutive games without a point. Perhaps Winnipeg wasn't the problem.
Laine & Tort.... what could possibly go wrong
Old 03-14-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Laine & Tort.... what could possibly go wrong
LOL! Laine, so much talent but not sure the effort is always there. I remember the discussion with who's #1 and #2 in the draft... Laine or Matthews... I would have chose Laine at the time and would have regretted it now, although they've both put up impressive numbers.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:54 PM

Marc-Andre Fleury is having another great year. I know there are fans here from his Penguins days. He leads the league this season in GAA, Save Pct, shutouts, and 2nd in wins.

Fleury is 4 wins behind Ed Belfour for 4th most career wins and 9 behind Luongo for 3rd all time. Wow. Just wanted a shout out to Marc-Andre. He has a great chance to trail only Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur before the end of the season.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Marc-Andre Fleury is having another great year. I know there are fans here from his Penguins days. He leads the league this season in GAA, Save Pct, shutouts, and 2nd in wins.

Fleury is 4 wins behind Ed Belfour for 4th most career wins and 9 behind Luongo for 3rd all time. Wow. Just wanted a shout out to Marc-Andre. He has a great chance to trail only Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur before the end of the season.
Good for him. I really wish we could have gotten him back in Pittsburgh but not now. Rumor is that’s the reason former Pittsburgh GM Rutherford quit
Old 03-20-2021, 06:03 AM

I've always been a MAF fan. Great to see him playing so well and I'm hoping that at long last this will be the year he gets his (thus far elusive) Vezina.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-20-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I've always been a MAF fan. Great to see him playing so well and I'm hoping that at long last this will be the year he gets his (thus far elusive) Vezina.
That would be great if Fleury could win the Vezina. He'll be nominated for sure.

McDavid keeps racking up the goals and points. He's going to win the Hart and Art Ross this year.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:08 PM

Mika Zibanejad. 12 points in his past two games played against the Flyers. 3/3 in each game. Games were only 8 days apart.

I wonder how many players have had multiple 6 point games in the same season? Gretzky had two 8 point games and a 7 point game in the same season and another season where he had two 7 point games. How crazy is that? I wasn't able to find the stats to also include 6 point games.
Old 03-27-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Mika Zibanejad. 12 points in his past two games played against the Flyers. 3/3 in each game. Games were only 8 days apart.

I wonder how many players have had multiple 6 point games in the same season? Gretzky had two 8 point games and a 7 point game in the same season and another season where he had two 7 point games. How crazy is that? I wasn't able to find the stats to also include 6 point games.
It’s great to ser him getting better after his illness. He was amazing last year and i guess it put Rangers in a tough spot now when he’s only got one year left on his contract and they are looking to get Jack from Buffalo within the caphit.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
It’s great to ser him getting better after his illness. He was amazing last year and i guess it put Rangers in a tough spot now when he’s only got one year left on his contract and they are looking to get Jack from Buffalo within the caphit.
Hey Emil, I see you're in Sweden (and Zibanejad is Swedish). Do you and fellow follow countrymen/women follow much of the NHL over there? Sweden always puts up a great national team at the Juniors and Worlds/Olympics and I know there's a passion.

I still remember Borje Salming from the Maple Leafs. I have his hockey cards from the 70s/80s. Great player and one of the first Swedes to make an impact in the NHL.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Hey Emil, I see you're in Sweden (and Zibanejad is Swedish). Do you and fellow follow countrymen/women follow much of the NHL over there? Sweden always puts up a great national team at the Juniors and Worlds/Olympics and I know there's a passion.

I still remember Borje Salming from the Maple Leafs. I have his hockey cards from the 70s/80s. Great player and one of the first Swedes to make an impact in the NHL.
NHL is for sure something Swedish people keep track of.
Hockey is more or less the national sport for us so when not following our own local teams NHL is where we get our fix

My local team here in Gothenburg is Frolunda.
The home team for Erik Karlsson, Henrik Lundqvist, Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Olofsson, John Klingberg, Daniel Alfredsson etc.

Yes, Salming was indeed an important player for us.
Since i was born in the early 80’s i never saw much of him. I grew up with Sunding, Forsberg, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Naslund, Nylander, Sedin brothers instead.

Even thoug Peter Forsberg is my favourite Swediah player i really loved to follow Chelios, Datsyuk, Robitaille and Pronger.

Last edited by Emil; 03-28-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Hockey is more or less the national sport for us so when not following our own local teams NHL is where we get our fix

The home team for Erik Karlsson, Henrik Lundqvist, Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Olofsson, John Klingberg, Daniel Alfredsson etc.

Since i was born in the early 80’s i never saw much of him. I grew up with Sunding, Forsberg, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Naslund, Nylander, Sedin brothers instead.
GREAT pedigrees from Sweden, without a doubt. A boon to the NHL, as well as its fans!
Old 03-28-2021, 01:29 PM

Emil, I just checked the standings, Frolunda is 7th with 81 points. When do the playoffs start? Do you ever go to games?

Quote:

Even thoug Peter Forsberg is my favourite Swediah player i really loved to follow Chelios, Datsyuk, Robitaille and Pronger.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:51 PM

Salming was great, he was very well liked in Toronto.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Emil, I just checked the standings, Frolunda is 7th with 81 points. When do the playoffs start? Do you ever go to games?
The PO starts in a couple of weeks i hope. Just like NHL nothing has gone as planned in terms of games.
Usually i go to games but this season no crowd is allowed. Last year they closed the PO’s just before it was to start.

Here’s the home arena. It’s not that big (12044 seats). It light’s up when Frolunda are in the lead during the game so that people who couldnt get any tickets can keep track from the outside

And here’s our Captain. He did a couple of years in Dallas.
Anyone able to spot who his twin brother is?

Last edited by Emil; 03-29-2021 at 12:32 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic