The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM

Default Hey, and is this a good place to start???

I'm brand new here and to guitar playing so I wanted to say Hey to everybody and also post my first (of no doubt hundreds) question to the forum. Being brand new to playing I will try going it alone at home or on line. I found an online beginning acoustic teaching course by a guy named Justin Sandercoe. Is this a good start or is there any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance everybody.
TC

Okay, I just figured out out to search, told you I was new and that includes forum life. I found some search results for Justin Sandercoe here but would still like hearing your input as to if it is where I, the brand new player, should go for lessons.
Thanks again!

Last edited by D 28 Fan; 07-14-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Justin is a fantastic place to start, it's where I first started learning. I have yet to find another person on the internet who teaches a song as well as he does.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

Hello D28Fan...
Welcome to the forum, and we love to answer questions, no matter how many times they have been asked.

Justin S. has great YouTube videos (which are on his site too). It's a great way to get your feet wet and start learning to play.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM

Another Sandercoe fan here. Great place to start. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 PM

Welcome! And, looking forward to your posts and contributions.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 PM

Welcome to the world of guitars. I echo the sentiments on Justin Sandercoe's site. Best instructional on the web. Guitar Noise is also good, but if you find Justin's style suits you, it might be better to work through his course and note steady progress rather than dealing with a mish mash of information that can be overwhelming.
Pono OO-20
Pono OP-30DC
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler View Post
Welcome to the world of guitars. I echo the sentiments on Justin Sandercoe's site. Best instructional on the web. Guitar Noise is also good, but if you find Justin's style suits you, it might be better to work through his course and note steady progress rather than dealing with a mish mash of information that can be overwhelming.
Hey thanks everybody. I agree with the above wisdom as that is exactly what I am doing, getting too much input from different sources and it is so overwhelming it almost seems impossible to learn. I will stick with Justin as my start and see what happens. Thanks again everybody and rest assured i'll have a ton of new guy questions but I see this is the right place to get them answered.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 AM

Justin's site is great...and that is how I started when I began to learn to play the acoustic guitar, 14 months ago.

I eventually wanted to learn songs that Justin didn't have on his site so I scoured YouTube and created a channel where I subscribed to the the best teachers I found:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcadian

Feel free to browse through my subscriptions to see if any might be of help - I am not affiliated with any of them - they are just a big variety of acoustic guitar teachers or good players who I have learnt from over the past year.

Good luck learning...I've had so much fun since I began...

Rc
Old 07-15-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadian View Post
Justin's site is great...and that is how I started when I began to learn to play the acoustic guitar, 14 months ago.

I eventually wanted to learn songs that Justin didn't have on his site so I scoured YouTube and created a channel where I subscribed to the the best teachers I found:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcadian

Feel free to browse through my subscriptions to see if any might be of help - I am not affiliated with any of them - they are just a big variety of acoustic guitar teachers or good players who I have learnt from over the past year.

Good luck learning...I've had so much fun since I began...

Rc
Hey Thanks, I watched you play in your video, pretty good now if I can just play like that life would be complete man. I dig Cat Stevens and am a huge Neil Young Fan, he was who inspired me to learn to play after all these years.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D 28 Fan View Post
Hey Thanks, I watched you play in your video, pretty good now if I can just play like that life would be complete man. I dig Cat Stevens and am a huge Neil Young Fan, he was who inspired me to learn to play after all these years.
Eh...that's not me!

In fact none of them are. I haven't uploaded any videos. But I'm glad you find some of the players as inspiring as I do...

Best wishes,

Rc
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadian View Post
Eh...that's not me!

In fact none of them are. I haven't uploaded any videos. But I'm glad you find some of the players as inspiring as I do...

Best wishes,

Rc
Oh well okay, shows how new all this is to me, ha ha. Still pretty cool stuff there to learn from.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write