The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-13-2009, 12:43 PM

Default Questions about "You You Are God" by Gateway Worship

Our band has started working on the song "You You Are God" by Gateway Worship. First off...this is a great song! The basics are pretty simple. What I'm curious about is the cool delay part early in the verses (i.e., "Here I am to see Your grace").

If anyone is familiar with this song and knows how they accomplish this sound, please let me know. I would love to add this to our version.

Taylor 714CE
G&L Tribute Legacy
Takamine 12 String EG-335SC
Martin DC-1E
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Roland AC-90 Acoustic Amp
Orange Crush CR10 Mini Amp
Fender Champion 300 Amp
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM

i've never heard of gateway worship... but their sound is pretty similar to a lot of others out there.

sounds like the standard dotted 8th delay with a ton of reverb and a smidge of overdrive. (think U2 or hillsong united).

i also hear a bit of wah during/a little before the "hear i am before Your grace" part.

in order to get this sort of tone with effects pedals, you'd need a digital delay, reverb, an overdrive pedal, and a wah.

hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee View Post
i've never heard of gateway worship... but their sound is pretty similar to a lot of others out there.

sounds like the standard dotted 8th delay with a ton of reverb and a smidge of overdrive. (think U2 or hillsong united).

i also hear a bit of wah during/a little before the "hear i am before Your grace" part.

in order to get this sort of tone with effects pedals, you'd need a digital delay, reverb, an overdrive pedal, and a wah.

hope this helps.
This actually helps a lot. Thanks very much.

If you like there sound, check out the rest of their "Living For You" album. There's some good stuff on that one.

Taylor 714CE
G&L Tribute Legacy
Takamine 12 String EG-335SC
Martin DC-1E
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Roland AC-90 Acoustic Amp
Orange Crush CR10 Mini Amp
Fender Champion 300 Amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write