The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-09-2009, 05:33 AM

Default I need help figuring out the chords to a song

Does anyone remember the song, "where is this love" by the Payolas?
...a criminally underated band from Vancouver in the early 80's. It's on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYDVxIgA0M

It's very basic, but I can't seem to figure out what chords he's playing. Can someone smarter than me figure this out?

Much appreciated.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Checked two of his songs. Seems to prefer the key of C, Lot of I-vi C to Am

I'd suggest you lay down a basic C F G progression and see where that takes you. If in doubt thrown in an Am then back to C.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...yolas_tabs.htm

Found the lyrics, but can not get the site address to stick. It is a basic 8 line verse with a 4 line chorus. I'd start out with a C F G7 C for each two lines of the verse and flesh out from there.

Have fun.

Last edited by Malcolm; 07-10-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
Checked two of his songs. Seems to prefer the key of C, Lot of I-vi C to Am

I'd suggest you lay down a basic C F G progression and see where that takes you. If in doubt thrown in an Am then back to C.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...yolas_tabs.htm

Found the lyrics, but can not get the site address to stick. It is a basic 8 line verse with a 4 line chorus. I'd start out with a C F G7 C for each two lines of the verse and flesh out from there.

Have fun.
I'm having the same problem. I've been trying to find tab for this song for 3 years, have scoured the net but it just doesn't exist. I can't understand why I can't figure it out because it seems so simple. I currently just play a hammered-on Am to a C and then hammered-on Cadd9 to a G for the verse, then G, C, Am, C for the chorus. Problem is, it's wrong and doesn't work when I play along.
Thanks for looking into this! Much appreciated.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Its hard for me to isolate the acoustic guitar and when the camera panned to the guitarist it really looked to me as though he wasn't really even playing it. I suggest putting a capo on, play a c chord and move it up until you sync with the song at some point and then try to work from there.

By The Meadow {Barry} ***** Second Cup of Coffee {Barry} ***** Ciuil Amuigh {Trad. Scottish, arr. S. Wake}

Me and my Kazoo

Avalon L2-320C, Larrivee OM-05, Guild D-120c, Gibson J-45, Martin D-16GT and others

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write