The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 01:01 PM

Default Anyone own or try a Fender Acoustasonic guitar?

Just curious what your experiences have been with these guitars. They are basically supposed to be a mix between an acoustic and electric. Being so thin with a small soundhole, do they still sound loud unplugged? Here’s a link with more info...

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/acoust...972023254.html
Gibson G-45 Studio
Martin X1-DE
Washburn WP21SNS
Taylor 110
Mitchell D120
Old 09-25-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeisen93 View Post
Just curious what your experiences have been with these guitars. They are basically supposed to be a mix between an acoustic and electric. Being so thin with a small soundhole, do they still sound loud unplugged? Here’s a link with more info...

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/acoust...972023254.html
If you do a search you'll find some fairly recent topics with lots of information and personal insights from owners.

From the reviews I've read they seem to be an interesting niche instrument, but after a player uses one long enough to understand it's nuances they sometimes reach the conclusion that rather than being a jack of all trades it's a guitar that doesn't fulfill either goal very well.

That seems to hold true for both the Tele and the Strat versions.

Last edited by Rudy4; 09-25-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:35 AM

I'm curious how these guitars cut through a live band situation...? All videos are in a room with an amp. I ask because my Tonedexter sounds amazing in a room. alone with an amp but struggles in a live band situation. I'm not sure if the acoustasonic has similar technology that would produce similar results. I actually love the tone of the acoustasonic... not because it sounds juat like an acouatic or an electric but because it is its own animal and would sound great in my grundgey, alt country band....but need to hear some thoughts/experiences of loud, live use before risking divorce/droppimg 2k.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:29 AM

The price is sorta off-putting for a gadget. I wanted to like it when I’ve played a few just demo’ing at a few music stores. It’s not a real rich acoustic sound but replicates one nicely through various amps. Conversely, I’ve been lured into two levels of the Yamaha Transacoustic line, the FG and the LS...simply because they are 500/900 respectively, and are good sounding acoustically minus the gadgets. If Fender wanted to sell a bunch of these, simply a poor-man’s opinion...they should have been in that price range. Not a hater, just a realist. For that money, you kinda gotta gotta lean Taylor T3/T5 line for that Swiss-Army knife instrument. I’ve seen those in the hands of some folks that can make some great sounds.

Last edited by Glennm; 09-30-2020 at 05:35 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion