The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Default When will new Zoom H-series come out?

Has there been any mentions from zoom about possible new h5 or h6 models coming out? Or any new H series models

I've been hesitant to buy either the H5 or H6 because I have a feeling new models are going to be dropped within the next year 2020 to 2021
Old 10-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCats View Post
Has there been any mentions from zoom about possible new h5 or h6 models coming out? Or any new H series models

I've been hesitant to buy either the H5 or H6 because I have a feeling new models are going to be dropped within the next year 2020 to 2021
Hi LC

I have not heard rumors of them being in the upgrade pipeline. Seems like this year, at least, Zoom put time/attention to the video recording world.

I'd hazard a guess that an H6 would be a great investment years from now, even if there are new models. The up-line from the Zoom H series recorders are the F series field recorders.

I'm still functioning with an H4n, H2n, and H1n all of which produce great recordings depending on which situation I'm in. I'm not tempted to upgrade to an H5 or H6 at this point. If I needed 4 XLR inputs, the H6 would definitely be on my list of 'check-this-out-in-person'.

Perhaps someone here knows something…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

If they upgrade the built-in mics and preamps on the H5 that would be interesting.

My use of the Zoom is very straight forward - I just record with it and transfer to my PC for editing and "mastering."

If the upgrade is just more "features" I will pass on it.

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 10-12-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCats View Post

Zoom follows the wind in the direction of where they feel interest, and therefore profit margin is greatest. The last few years their efforts have been focused on the LiveTrac series (like the L20R) of live track capture mixers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD