The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Default Recording on a Superscope PSD300

Was able to get a Superscope PSD300 pretty cheap so I decided to give it a try as I liked the idea of recording/playback without computer intervention.

Basically, it is a dual drive CD recorder with XLR/phone jack/RCA inputs. One drive is CD playback only and the second is the record -playback drive. Couple of nice features are slowdown to 50% speed without pitch change and the ability to change pitch without speed change. It will also do vocal eliminate and you can mix a signal from the CD drive and the live record on the CD-R drive. Another nice addition is it uses a remote for all controls that is pretty intuitive to use.

So far, just done some test recordings with the built in mic and the sound quality is excellent. Need to do more tests with outboard mics to really see what it can do. Seems finicky about media as the CD-RW discs I've tried so far don't read properly, CD-R discs read fine.

Sort of a throwback to the old days of recording and playback on the spot with no other equipment or processing required.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD