The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-13-2017, 01:57 AM

Default Rafael Ortega Master Series M5 Handmade in Spain

Hey there,
does anybody have more details about this guitar? With google i found some "Ortega M5" for sale but never a "Rafael Ortega" so i guess it must be an older model?What is the year of production and what is the valued price? Any help would be appreciated!

[I
Old 04-18-2017, 04:15 AM

For those who are interested: Ortega just answered my email and told me that it is an original Ortega from the beginning years 94/95/96 and is similar to their new Model the Ortega M5CS.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Exclamation Not comparable

the early ortega m5's might have been some of the finest sounding guitars on the market at that time. since at least the woods (age, kind and suppliers) changed over time, i find it hard to compare it to the m5cs. also the m5cs do not sound so clear and have a higher action in the midfield. it took me almost 20 years (and I played a lot of guitars) to find a similar instrument (which was made by a luthier and did cost me about 3800$.

also i think there are two types of m5's around. the ones after 1997 seem to be cheaper (in price AND materials)..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop