The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williejohnson View Post
Bob,
This sounds great! As far as percussion, I think you might consider adding some maracas or a cabasa. I seem to remember that the original version had a pretty prominent maraca part which added to the overall feel of the song. This sounds great though, good job!

Willie
Thanks, Willie! I'm rhythmically challenged, but I gave it another try. I tried the keyboard maracas this weekend, but they didn't sound very good (probably a combination of my poor ability to play them and that funny electronic tone). I'll keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerzj View Post
Bob dude...this is excellent...you my man are a beast. Great vocal and a very nice mix of instruments. I really dig this and will back to listen again.
Jeremy, you crack me up!! Thank you so much for your kindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I agree with Bud, your vocals are stellar in this. Clean, controlled and they float nicely above everything.

The only thing that sticks out for me is perhaps the percussion could be just a little bit more prominent.

Very nice work.
Thanks, Jeremy. I put the percussion low in the mix because, frankly, I suck at playing any kind of percussion instrument but I like what percussion adds. I think that's why I put banjo in a lot of our songs...it has both percussive and rhythmic qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaorden9 View Post
Hi @Bob you are one of the best in Show and Tell. Your productions are very professional. You are an artist man ! Above average, really.
Thank you very much, Del! You are too kind and have me blushing....seriously! Your comments are very encouraging and greatly appreciated.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM

The problem with your material Bob is that there is nevern anything to critique, as its always so good. You have a habit of making the difficult sond and look easy, and this is another good example.

i had a vision of flares and safari suits when listening which indicates you hit the mood of the era spot on Bob.

Great stuff.
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 03-25-2013, 04:51 AM

Default Tinman

Spot on, Bob. A tough song to sing, too. Very nice!
SoundCloud
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyPrague View Post
The problem with your material Bob is that there is nevern anything to critique, as its always so good. You have a habit of making the difficult sond and look easy, and this is another good example.

i had a vision of flares and safari suits when listening which indicates you hit the mood of the era spot on Bob.

Great stuff.
Mark, you are too kind! Thanks so much for your continued encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmart567 View Post
Spot on, Bob. A tough song to sing, too. Very nice!
Thanks, Bob. I appreciate you taking time to listen and comment.

ReverbNation (originals)

Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Man, your vocal just nails this. Bass hits it as well. Its all good but those two caught my first listen. A tough song to perform I know - once took it on in a vocal acoustic band and dropped it after a few passes.

As always a solid production that sounds close to original but with your twists.

Enjoyed

Mark
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 PM

You really brought back some great memories with this one Bob. "Tin Man" was on our set list back in the '70s and I'll always remember how challenging it was to sing and play it 'in time'. No such problem though for you my friend as your rendition was top notch. You really nailed the vocal for sure.

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-vegas View Post
Man, your vocal just nails this. Bass hits it as well. Its all good but those two caught my first listen. A tough song to perform I know - once took it on in a vocal acoustic band and dropped it after a few passes.

As always a solid production that sounds close to original but with your twists.

Enjoyed

Mark
Thank you very kindly for taking time to listen and comment, Mark. It's been awhile since you posted, so I was happy to see your latest song posted! Keep them coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
You really brought back some great memories with this one Bob. "Tin Man" was on our set list back in the '70s and I'll always remember how challenging it was to sing and play it 'in time'. No such problem though for you my friend as your rendition was top notch. You really nailed the vocal for sure.
Thanks, Steve! It was in our duet set list back then too, but it never sounded quite right without that bass line so, I never played it unless it was requested.

ReverbNation (originals)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell