The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-12-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkPieGuy View Post
I've used Mother's and Turtle Wax hard shell. Both work great! Mother's is easier to apply and wipe off.
Me too. I used the Mothers Carnuba AFTER a through paint cleaning with 3M handglaze or the Mothers Clay Bar AFTER a soap wash. I cant remember what I used, but I've got more cleaning products than you can shake a stick at.

I am so glad I sold that Porsche. What PIA it was to keep it clean.

Don't get me started on leather treatments.

I will offer a tip. NEVER EVER USE ARMOR-ALL ON ANYTHING. Not even your tires. Use Vinylex or Leatherex instead on interior and mequires makes a really good tire treatment.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Me too. I used the Mothers Carnuba AFTER a through paint cleaning with 3M handglaze or the Mothers Clay Bar AFTER a soap wash.
I watched the process of doing a clay bar cleaning. Forget. It. What a bunch of work! It works well, but my cars are Point A to Point B transportation. They aren't hitting a showroom anytime soon.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I watched the process of doing a clay bar cleaning. Forget. It. What a bunch of work! It works well, but my cars are Point A to Point B transportation. They aren't hitting a showroom anytime soon.

I used to claybar my cars once a year. It was a 4 hour process at the very least, but the results were so worth it. I think it’s a must for white cars.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Me too. I used the Mothers Carnuba AFTER a through paint cleaning with 3M handglaze or the Mothers Clay Bar AFTER a soap wash. I cant remember what I used, but I've got more cleaning products than you can shake a stick at.

I am so glad I sold that Porsche. What PIA it was to keep it clean.

Don't get me started on leather treatments.

I will offer a tip. NEVER EVER USE ARMOR-ALL ON ANYTHING. Not even your tires. Use Vinylex or Leatherex instead on interior and mequires makes a really good tire treatment.

Lexol is also good leather treatment. To my understanding, tire dressing products are ok to use as long as they are not the foaming type. Something to do with the formula to pressurize it and make it foam makes it no good for your tires.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Mine too. I am also at a point in life where I will pay someone else to do it.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:10 AM

Absolutely. Drive to car wash with a book or work to read over. Sit and read while the car is washed, waxed and buffed - 4 X per year. Weekly washes in between as things tend to get dusty.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:17 AM

First hand wash in about 3 years. Washing cars was prohibited where I used to live. But now I moved to a place where I can wash my cars. Needs claybar and a few coats of wax.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:47 AM

I waxed my cars and motorcycles til the '90s and I was in my 40s. These days I use a full service car wash around once a week or so and have the car detailed about once a year. Works out just fine for me.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic