The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
I know Kramster has the ORIGINAL strings that were shipped on the Emerald guitars. So can anyone get me details on each model:

What brand strings
What gauge
Type
Each model as I don't know if they use different strings on each model

Thanks for your help!!!
When I enquired about the strings on the X20, I was told it ships with D'Addario EXP 12s.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 PM

My X20-12 came from Donegal wearing D'Addario EJ-37 PB strings, which are medium top / heavy bottom at 54-12. I promptly replaced them with EJ-38 47-10, which is more normal gauges for a 12 string.

I think the X7 Woody came with EJ-16's on it, but it has been a while since I saw the materials in the case. These guitars live out handy in wall hangers and the cases are in storage.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:22 AM

Quote:
The Rainsong CH-OM.

Outstanding guitar. I think what still draws me to the Rainsong guitars is that they play well both plugged in and unplugged. Yes, some of the videos I have posted of Rainsongs are not good examples. The factory strings I typically do not like.

The CH-OM has an acoustic sound, much like my Shorty. Yes, the RS guitars are quite vanilla in design. That's why I pushed them on the Abalone for the Forum Limited Edition. I am proud I had a voice in that guitar!

If you are looking for your first CF guitar at a more reasonable price, I would pull the trigger on a Rainsong. You won't be disappointed.
Lisa... after a couple of sessions with Mister K, I came away wanting the Rainsong CH-OM more than anything else. So I bought one!

I have also bought an X7. But I must say, the CH-OM does everything so well, sounds so glorious!, and the size is PERFECT for my taste in guitars. Rainsong has it SO down!

In other news... I think that the X10 is THE sweet spot in the Emerald line up. I’m glad that they finally started producing it again!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:05 AM
Guest 928

Nice guitar, nice decision, nice photo!!!
Old 09-20-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Lisa... after a couple of sessions with Mister K, I came away wanting the Rainsong CH-OM more than anything else. So I bought one!

I have also bought an X7. But I must say, the CH-OM does everything so well, sounds so glorious!, and the size is PERFECT for my taste in guitars. Rainsong has it SO down!

In other news... I think that the X10 is THE sweet spot in the Emerald line up. I’m glad that they finally started producing it again!
Awesome!!! I really really love the Rainsong guitars, as they do so well unplugged and plugged in. So glad this worked out so nicely for you!!!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 09-20-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Awesome!!! I really really love the Rainsong guitars, as they do so well unplugged and plugged in. So glad this worked out so nicely for you!!!
And yes the X10 is way awesome! Incredible string separation plugged in with those six piezos.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 10-23-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Another thought. Design.

I don't know how Alistair did it, but he sculpted the X30 in such a way that it sits in the lap beautifully. OMG it felt so at home in my lap, just sayin'!

The craftmanship that goes into this guitar is just awesome. The design of the soundhole, the balance of this guitar. What you get for the price really is astounding.
My favorite thing about this thread (which I jut re-prowled) is how clearly your facial expression tells the story about each guitar, specifically the huge grin (and hug) with the X30.

As a soon-to-be owner of two X30s (never having played any Emerald) this bolsters my confidence a lot.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

What strings do you like best on your X30? Also mediums or lights?

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 PM

I have not done mediums yet...prolly great on it.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-28-2018, 05:08 PM

I played Kramster's X30 on Wednesday afternoon. What a tone monster! I think it would benefit from heavier strings normally, assuming that fits the player's preferences. I even commented that the strong low end would make the X30 into a great baritone guitar.

A more detailed report to follow (we just got off the road a while ago) so hold yer horses, amigos!
Old 10-28-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I played Kramster's X30 on Wednesday afternoon. What a tone monster! I think it would benefit from heavier strings normally, assuming that fits the player's preferences. I even commented that the strong low end would make the X30 into a great baritone guitar.

A more detailed report to follow (we just got off the road a while ago) so hold yer horses, amigos!
Faster, faster!
Old 10-29-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I even commented that the strong low end would make the X30 into a great baritone guitar.
And now I have GAS for a X30 baritone. Thanks very much.

It would be a nice companion for my electric Danelectro longhorn baritone.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 10-29-2018, 12:18 PM

X30 gas is very understandable in any form
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-31-2018, 03:51 AM

Quote:

That is one gorgeous photo! Rainsong should use it in a full page ad!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber