The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-17-2018, 04:31 PM

I just make one cup using this ceramic drip thingie with a paper filter.
Simple, cheap and green, no plastic cups to end up in a landfill or the ocean where it's swallowed by marine life.

My vermiculture worms eat the grounds and even the paper filters, producing "worm tea" (aka black gold) which is some of the best plant fertilizer around, and free!

https://unclejimswormfarm.com/a-simp...-use-worm-tea/

Last edited by Tico; 05-27-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I'm going to look into that for my dad. He tried something once and it made a big mess with the water overflowing.
My last single cup maker had a simple filter basket to use ground. it would spray wet coffee inside the machine and make a big mess. The My K-Cup has the filter inside a housing and has a locking lid so it is a clean as K-Cups in the machine.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
…A stainless steel french press we own is on decade #3.
…An AeroPress, we have now for two years, few moving parts & inexpensive investment for the return.

Both make outstanding coffee which can be customized to your desired strength and taste and are easy to clean
Hi BB

I roast all our coffee (for the past 18 years), and the Aero-press is our preferred daily maker. Same quality level as a French Press in ⅓ the time with much less mess.

For suppers and gatherings we have a Bunn-o-Matic, and three or four days a week I'll fire up the Expobar (a semi-commercial single head espresso machine).

Our Aero-press travels with us for any trips longer than 2 days. We've been using them long enough to have worn out 3 of them now. And we give them as gifts to coffee-centric friends.

But either an Aero-press or French Press require above average commitment…and equipment like a quality burr grinder (and a steady source of quality beans). My friends think producing premium quality coffee at home is like owning a parrot instead of a dog. Both are pets, but one is much easier to take on a walk around the block.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-01-2018, 07:03 PM

I realize that I'm out of my league here, but spent about 10 bucks on a proctor silex at the dollar store. It's worked every morning for over a year. Hard to be real discerning before 5:30 am. Hot and strong for a wake up jolt.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic