The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-09-2023, 01:31 PM

Default Anyone have a Guild D20?

Been looking at different options for my first proper acoustic recently and have made a few posts here. I came across a video of this model last night and it's tone completely speaks to what I'm looking for ( though through the computer screen). I hadn't considered an all mahogany acoustic before but I think I've found what I'm looking for. I can't seem to find a whole lot of reviews on it though, other from people who are clearly trying to sell it. Have any forum members experience with this model?
Old 02-09-2023, 01:46 PM

I've played them, and love them. I have a D40, I'd like to add a D20 one day. Roger Blair had one, he's on the forum and may chime in.

Last edited by Wellington; 02-09-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

I had one a few years ago and it was exceptional. I don;t like the size of a dread from a comfort standoint, but it was incredibly nice quality and the tone was wonderful. I'm a guy who loves all-hog, so it was right up my ally. Cordoba/Guild USA stuff is super quality stuff and I would confidently buy one if I was looking for a really good bang for the buck. They are affordable and should really be quite a bit more expensive.

With Yamaha recently acquiring Córdoba, it will be interesting to see what happens to the Guild line and the quality, but what they've put out in recent years has been really nice for the several I've played and the 2 that I've owned.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:58 PM
Charter Member

I have a D-20. My wife gave it to me as a birthday present last year and it is my number one go to guitar. I actually went with her to get a D-40 and came home with the D-20 instead. I'm pretty particular, as I don't have a large selection of guitars to play, so the ones I have really need to step up. I think that the D-20 does that. They also come with a very nice hard case with a built in humidifier, so value added.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 02-09-2023, 02:15 PM

Yes I too had one I bought used in mint condition for 900 bucks...but as I've gotten older it was just too big, but was nice...great neck! I traded it even at GC for a used Martin 000-15M Streetmaster, it has that Martin soul sound I missed. I didn't seem to find in the Guild. But it was a very good guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
d20, guild, mahogany