The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Default *SOLD* 2018 Custom Goodall Traditional Master Adirondack Spruce/Mahogany OMC

Here's a 2018 Traditional Mastergrade Adirondack Spruce-on-Mahogany OM cutaway. I had this amazing guitar custom built for myself by James Goodall in his shop in Fort Bragg, California. I chose all the specs one-by-one with James on the phone. James voiced and optimized the mastergrade Adirondack top for fingerstyle (and it would sound incredible with pick!). The tone is huge, warm, deep and rich; just as you'd expect in a custom-built Goodall. This guitar has been babied since Day 1, played only in my home and with great care (no shirts with buttons, etc.). I play only bare fingerstyle, so there are no pick marks. This guitar is truly a work of art from a modern master luthier. In 2018 I paid $8,100. I splurged later and had the tuners upgraded from nickel to gold Waverly's (photo #1 has the original nickel Waverly's). Circumstances related to Covid-19 are forcing me to make some very difficult financial choices. Comes in the original Ameritage bomb-proof (or so it feels) case. This guitar is a treasure. The full specs are in the photos-- let me know if you have questions. Thanks! Peter
Asking *SOLD* shipped in the continental U.S. and PayPal'd for AGF'ers. Please email me directly (it will get to me faster than an AGF message): pwalker3[at][gmail][daht][cahm]

Last edited by Peterw; 04-15-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Wow, if it wasn't mahogany I would probably snatch this up. I just ordered a custom hog OM from SC. Good luck with everything - I'm sure this will go fast!
Old 04-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

String spacing at the saddle ?
Is it at least 2-1/4" ? The wider the better.
I think I remember seeing this guitar on-line a couple of years ago.
Thanks.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Hi Mark (MCDEMO1),
Thanks for the question: you're correct, the string spacing at the saddle is 2-1/4", but this specific guitar has James' "Hawaii era" neck profile which I chose because it's a bit roomier than the slimmer ones he builds today.
No, you didn't see this one on the forum a few years ago; but last August I had it up very briefly before I changed my mind. (Unfortunately the Covid-19 financial circumstances I anticipated then did finally catch up with me.)
Best,
Peter

Last edited by Peterw; 04-12-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

Here's a sound clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoOntKqoyo&t=24s
Old 04-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Default Neck profile

I got an interesting question by private message. The spec sheet for this guitar says "full neck profile like HI era". What that means is that it's a hair deeper and wider than James's current necks. When I went through the specs for this build with James, I noted that I liked his Hawaii-era necks that were a bit roomier than his current ones. He said no problem, and that's what this one has. Think of a Martin "low-oval" neck profile-- it's like that, just a wee bit fuller. Still slim and comfortable, but a little roomier.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
adirondack, cutaway, mahogany, orchestra