The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-14-2021, 04:21 PM

Question RO328 OR RO318???? RW VS AFRICAN HOG. Recording kings.

Hey guys been looking for a new guitar and cant really decide between these two. Both solid b/s with either rw or hog.

Sadly i dont have the opportunity to test em out since its a online order.

how is RW on a 000? And what would you go for?
Old 03-14-2021, 04:25 PM

Depends on the sound you want. Mahogany is going to be a bit brighter with less overtones. And the rosewood will leans towards the low end with a bit more overtones.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

FYI- the necks on these are a sharp v with very little meat on the shoulders of the neck. I found it uncomfortable, it felt like I was wrapping my hand around a perfect triangle. I usually love V necks but it was too much for me. Some people love them though. Just make sure you have a return policy.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
FYI- the necks on these are a sharp v with very little meat on the shoulders of the neck. I found it uncomfortable, it felt like I was wrapping my hand around a perfect triangle. I usually love V necks but it was too much for me. Some people love them though. Just make sure you have a return policy.
Is it really that bad of a v shape? Don’t know what I think about v shapes really but it such a good price for a solid guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
hog, mahogany, recordkings, rosewood, rwood