The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 06:10 AM

Default Thoughts on the Gibson G45 Studio?

I was looking for a good acoustic under 1000 euros and I stumbled upon the G45. I'm an intermediate but I'm really getting into blues, jazz and bluegrass. Do you recommend this guitar? It looks like an awesome deal: all solid wood, made in Montana and comes with a hardshell case.
Personally, I'm kinda afraid of the body being too thin. I'm a big guy. This would be my main guitar for the next decade btw. tbh I'd like a J45 Studio or a J15 more, but while the G45 is 950, the J45 is over 1400 and the J15 is 1650. I'll try to convince my family but I don't think I'll succeed. Anyway, I'm in Italy so the used market is very poor. I'll have to drive over 2h just to reach the shop that sells these guitars and I live not far away from a city with half a million people... guitars are just rarer here than in the States... sux...
Thanks
Angelo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
flatpicking, g45, gibson, j15, j45