The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-31-2021, 04:04 PM

Default Incoming NGD: Rozawood Twenty Eight

This beauty is on the courier right now and waiting delivery.

After I bought a Guild D55 which I returned because there was a 14th fret hump caused by Dryness I decided to step away from well known companies like Guild or Martin because in my experience even in the price range of 4000 -5000 Euros there are a lot of QC issues. A friend of mine paid a visit to the fellowship of acoustics in the Netherlands and demoed this Rozawood 28 , an Atkins D37 and a White Rice model plus a Guild D55. The rozawood came out a winner. Outstanding Craftsmanship and tone. I will receive the guitar in a few days and I will upload a video.

The specs are

Body Shape: Dreadnought Finish: Shaded Body Material: Solid Indian Rosewood Top Material: Solid Torrefied Bearclaw Alpine Spruce Handedness: Right-handed Body Details: Flamed maple body bindings, herringbone top trim, tortoise pickguard Neck Material: Mahogany Neck Profile: Soft V-shape Fingerboard Material: Ebony Fingerboard Radius: 16" Neck Details: Diamond/square position markers, rosewood headstock overlay Nutwidth: 44,5 mm - 1.75" Scale Length: 650 mm - 25.6" String spacing: 57 mm - 2.25" Bridge: Ebony Tuners: Gotoh Open Geared Pickup None Condition: New Tech Notes: None Travels in: Hardshell case

I think European Builders have stepped up the game.

Old 01-31-2021, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Nice find! I'm interested to hear how you like it. The one Rozawood that I've played left a lasting impression on me. It was an OM from the first batch of the R&R guitars built by Rozawood in collaboration with TFOA in around 2015 I think. A friend had it and I borrowed it for a few weeks. I still think about how open and responsive it was, and this was two years ago.

There are a couple Rozawoods on the German ebay "kleinanzeigen" that are tempting me...
Old 01-31-2021, 04:51 PM

Pretty guitar... it certainly looks like it sounds great! Congrats....

Daniels - Bedell - Guild

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"
Old 01-31-2021, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Well that looks pretty darn cool. I haven’t heard of this maker but will take a peek. Can’t wait for your update on how it plays! Congrats
Old 01-31-2021, 05:18 PM

Guitar looks cool, hope it plays and sounds as good as you expect it to!

But...am I the only one wondering the make, model...and year of that car? I'm flashing back to my childhood in the 80s, when my elderly neighbor used to give us rides in his car from the 70s.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars
Old 01-31-2021, 06:14 PM

Lakewood. That looks very similar to the interior of my first car, a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser Station Wagon.

I wish my wife looked at me like I look at my guitars.

2020 Seagull Maritime SWS Natural
2017 La Patrie Presentation
2008 Seagull Coastline S12 Cedar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
d28, rozawood