The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-29-2022, 09:35 AM

Default Trinity Solo mic, headway EDB2 H.E clarification

Hi guys.

Having recently asked regarding an issue I have with the Headway EDB2 H.E ammo I’m happy to advise on the following

I have a trinity solo and an under saddle pickup in an Eastman guitar and the current pre amp I use is a Headway EDB2. Like others I raised the question regarding the trinity solo mic as Trinty themselves suggest a Bias voltage of no more then 6v. I can confirm the Headway preamp out puts at 9v and works perfectly.

The newer Headway preamp DB2 H.E has the voltage set at 11 bias volts and I was assured that the Trinity solo would simply not work. No damage but has a safety feature that prevent from work. Having tried the newer preamp this morning………

I’m happy to say the newer preamp at 11v does indeed work fine with the Trinity Solo mic.

Having said that if the Trinity Solo mic is approx 5 or 6 years old that’s when they had the availability to use a varying volt.

The newer Solo mics have the voltage set and anything above will not work.

Hope this helps

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
headway, preamp, solo, trinity