The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-26-2020, 03:56 AM

Default Washburn LSJ743SK Lakeside Solid Top Jumbo Acoustic Guitar with Case - Blem 2195

Hi!

Why would a Washburn guitar with solid spruce top, rosewood back and sides, 130th anniversary Lakeside Jumbo, and with hard shell case, be for sale at $266? Is it really made in China? They say, "This guitar is new but has been labeled a blem because of a few minor flaws which you can see in the last few photos. Our technician has inspected this guitar from top to bottom and noted that it looks and plays great. This is a great guitar and we are selling it to you at an awesome price." My present guitar has a 1 3/4" nut and this guitar has a 1.69 inch nut. Would that be basically the same width, or feel the same at only .06 inches narrower? Would 1 3/4" be 1.75"? I don't mind blemishes... but price seems so cheap I wonder what the reason might be. It's also buying a guitar without playing it first. Is this the deal of a lifetime? Lakeside Jumbo style
Solid Sitka Spruce top
Quarter sawn scalloped bracing
Rosewood sides and back
Mahogany neck with two-way truss rod
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge with bone nut and saddle.
25.5" scale
Nut width: 43mm
20 frets
Rosewood capped headstock with MOP Washburn logo
Wilkinson tuners with butterbean buttons
Comes equipped with D'Addario strings
Case: GCLSJ (Included)

Thanks!
Winfred
Old 01-26-2020, 04:32 AM

Washburn’s 130th Anniversary was in 2013 so this ‘new’ guitar is 7 years old.

Found one YouTube video stating a retail price of about $600 back in 2013, and one UK street price of £399.

In my opinion, not a bargain but a perfectly decent price for what it is.

Last edited by NotALuth; 01-26-2020 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Added price info.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:06 PM

Default Lakesides

Nice guitar and the blemish could be ever so slight that most wouldn't care ie like over spray.
The originals were fantastic guitars made in the custom shop for a very short run ( price was way out there ) and these Chinese copies were as well made for what they were.They retailed for a MSRP of $499.00 so for that price I would take a chance.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfred View Post
Hi!

Why would a Washburn guitar with solid spruce top, rosewood back and sides, 130th anniversary Lakeside Jumbo, and with hard shell case, be for sale at $266? Is it really made in China? They say, "This guitar is new but has been labeled a blem because of a few minor flaws which you can see in the last few photos. Our technician has inspected this guitar from top to bottom and noted that it looks and plays great. This is a great guitar and we are selling it to you at an awesome price." My present guitar has a 1 3/4" nut and this guitar has a 1.69 inch nut. Would that be basically the same width, or feel the same at only .06 inches narrower? Would 1 3/4" be 1.75"? I don't mind blemishes... but price seems so cheap I wonder what the reason might be. It's also buying a guitar without playing it first. Is this the deal of a lifetime? Lakeside Jumbo style
Solid Sitka Spruce top
Quarter sawn scalloped bracing
Rosewood sides and back
Mahogany neck with two-way truss rod
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge with bone nut and saddle.
25.5" scale
Nut width: 43mm
20 frets
Rosewood capped headstock with MOP Washburn logo
Wilkinson tuners with butterbean buttons
Comes equipped with D'Addario strings
Case: GCLSJ (Included)

Thanks!
Winfred
You will feel the difference in a 1.69" nut vs a 1.75" IMHO.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

You will feel the difference in a 1.69" nut vs a 1.75" IMHO.

My two guitars are 1.69 and 1.75 and their necks are incredibly different.

I like the 1.69 much more...

-Mike
Old 01-26-2020, 12:44 PM

Hi Winfred. This dealer specializes in Washburn and perhaps other maker, blem guitars. They buy them directly from Washburn as blems and have them checked for playability, as indicated on their site. This is only one of many blems they have for sale. They look like a good deal, with case and if their return policy is still in effect for blems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, rosewood, spruce, washburn