The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Thanks. Other than getting the boat out of our storage unit, the moving back in is pretty much complete. And now, I get to check tracking a time or twelve each day.
You mean twelve each hour😉
Old 10-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Outstanding, congratulations! I look forward to reading about how you (and your adorable kitty cat) like it.
Rufus sat by me in the guitar room this morning, while I spent some time playing the X20. He is an appreciative audience.

Regarding checking the tracking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
You mean twelve each hour😉
Well, they may just be messing with me... I checked the tracking when I first got the e-mail and got an "Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered."

I did just check again (only twice today), and got the same message. I think my guitar has an unlisted number. Or, it is undergoing that "30 day environmental test" I mentioned earlier.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Guest 928

And so, Jim, it looks like you are a perfect waiter. House in order, checking everything twice, stiff upper lip and the whole gruesome experience of waiting. Lo Siento. Hang in there, enjoy the pain--another sign that you are still alive and proceeding onward, into the waves of life.

Say hi to your cat for me. My dog is a Dali Lama, much better than I am--more candid, truthful, decent, and honorable. I give your cat the same accord--probably a lot better than you are. From your cat's perspective your only saving grace is probably your side-kick. Same with Jasper, he views my Barbara as about my only good attribute. He may be right.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
And so, Jim, it looks like you are a perfect waiter. House in order, checking everything twice, stiff upper lip and the whole gruesome experience of waiting. Lo Siento. Hang in there, enjoy the pain--another sign that you are still alive and proceeding onward, into the waves of life.

Say hi to your cat for me. My dog is a Dali Lama, much better than I am--more candid, truthful, decent, and honorable. I give your cat the same accord--probably a lot better than you are. From your cat's perspective your only saving grace is probably your side-kick. Same with Jasper, he views my Barbara as about my only good attribute. He may be right.
Funny, Evan. The waiting has been easy... until the ready/not ready stuff. I wasn't even going to talk about ordering this until I knew it was ready to ship... and now we are almost a full month later.

Rufus says "Hi, back at ya!" Our sweet Izzy (still miss her every day) was Joan's cat (they picked each other), and they let me live in their world. Even Joan will tell you that I am Rufus's person. No doubt he loves us both... but if there was only one life jacket and the boat was going down, he would give me the jacket and jump into my arms. Fortunately, I have two arms and could hang on to him and the Blonde. Perhaps I should reverse that order.

It is a nice treat that Rufus enjoys my music, amplified or acoustic.

I look back at the scrufty cat we adopted, and I am amazed at how handsome and regal he has become...

... and such a fun personality! He gives me hugs! Yes, really.

Oh, and I have a new guitar coming.

I'm planning to get the boat back in the water tomorrow, so there will be plenty to keep me busy. You know, 'till the new guitar arrives.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Funny, Evan. The waiting has been easy... until the ready/not ready stuff. I wasn't even going to talk about ordering this until I knew it was ready to ship... and now we are almost a full month later.

Rufus says "Hi, back at ya!" Our sweet Izzy (still miss her every day) was Joan's cat (they picked each other), and they let me live in their world. Even Joan will tell you that I am Rufus's person. No doubt he loves us both... but if there was only one life jacket and the boat was going down, he would give me the jacket and jump into my arms. Fortunately, I have two arms and could hang on to him and the Blonde. Perhaps I should reverse that order.

It is a nice treat that Rufus enjoys my music, amplified or acoustic.

I look back at the scrufty cat we adopted, and I am amazed at how handsome and regal he has become...

... and such a fun personality! He gives me hugs! Yes, really.

Oh, and I have a new guitar coming.

I'm planning to get the boat back in the water tomorrow, so there will be plenty to keep me busy. You know, 'till the new guitar arrives.
Cap, that's one cool cat!

Btw, I agree on holding on to the Blonde, Rufus will find a way to stay attached to you with built-in hooks, haha😎
Old 10-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Busy morning: prep work done on the dock, got the boat launched. Before the heat of the day (it was 81º when I got up at 6:30 this morning). Met with the air conditioner service guy, then hauled the boat trailer to our storage unit. Finally, when we had lunch at 2:30, I was able to check the tracking: yep, AN Post now acknowledges that they have received the package. As has been my previous experience with this: no estimate of in-transit time.

But, it is a start. Well, the start of the X10's trip to the Tropical Tip.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
trip to the Tropical Tip

One of them multiple letter things...nice.. I didn't pick up on it till I spotted it... or something like that
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
One of them multiple letter things...nice.. I didn't pick up on it till I spotted it... or something like that
Thanks!

Old 10-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Guest 928

Don't worry Jim--it will get there. Maybe. It is truly amazing how many things can slow down a delivery. Some person in a back room wants to try out this cool guitar. Some Person gets the address wrong and sends the guitar back to its point of origin. So many possibilities. But eventually, you may get your guitar.

In the meantime, relax, lay back, play with you cat and say hello to your lovely.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Don't worry Jim--it will get there. Maybe. It is truly amazing how many things can slow down a delivery. Some person in a back room wants to try out this cool guitar. Some Person gets the address wrong and sends the guitar back to its point of origin. So many possibilities. But eventually, you may get your guitar.

In the meantime, relax, lay back, play with you cat and say hello to your lovely.
Yeah, it's all good, Evan. I have calculated and determined it will be here at the same moment it arrives.

Late this afternoon, I heard voices. In my head. While that isn't all that unusual, these were dolphin voices: "Jim - we are close by! Come out, Jim - we miss you!"

I asked Joan if she heard the voices. No, she never does; the downside of being normal, I guess. I asked if she wanted to take the boat out for a short outing, but she was busy doing some paperwork. The downside of being all responsible, I guess.

So, I took the boat out solo. The dolphins weren't kidding - they were less than a mile from our house, as the crow flies... further to get the boat out the canals. But, what a great viewing this evening! Pretty much takes my mind off of waiting for anything.

Sometimes you just have to listen to the voices. There's another voice in there - not a dolphin - that is saying: "That X10 is on the way - this is the short part of the wait!"

"What's that, voice? What did you just say? Evan is an instigator? Yeah, I knew that. Did you see those dolphins tonight?!!"

Old 10-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

The guitar has left the Heathrow Transit Hub, forwarded to... "United States." That narrows it down quite a bit. With the first Emerald, once it got to that point, it was a day and a half before it showed up in south Texas. With the second Emerald, it was five days for it to show up in the Phoenix area after that update.

So, the wait continues, but there is progress. In spite of Evan's prophecy. I understand some recent Emerald receivers have had updates in the USA portion; that would be fun.

On the bright side, I had a nice session with the X20 and the S1 this morning. It makes the wait pretty darn easy.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Guest 928

X20/SI--Solace indeed. Great combo.

If only you had that new guitar! But I digress.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
X20/SI--Solace indeed. Great combo.

If only you had that new guitar! But I digress.

In the words of the philosopher Tarzan: "You not digress - you Evan."

I love the anticipation! This isn't an "if only" situation... I like all my guitars. Try as you might, the wait won't get to me. I have a new guitar coming - custom ordered just the way I want it - I am filled with happiness... no room for "if only."
Old 10-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Guest 928

Well Jeez; you're just no fun to taunt at all. But I know how you feel. My X10 is taking a long time to get built, but it's hard to feel sorry myself when I have the acoustic 10 and the electric 7 to pass the time. The good thing is that there are lots of others to tease and taunt.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well Jeez; you're just no fun to taunt at all. But I know how you feel. My X10 is taking a long time to get built, but it's hard to feel sorry myself when I have the acoustic 10 and the electric 7 to pass the time. The good thing is that there are lots of others to tease and taunt.
You were the kid with a magnifying glass by the anthill, weren't you?

I wasn't trying to thwart your entertainment, Evan. Here: Oh, woe is me! Will my guitar ever arrive? I've checked the tracking 857 times this morning! My life will only be complete when the guitar gets here, and I am worrying so. To make things worse, my buddy Evan is teasing me and my little feelings are ever so hurt. (This works best if you pucker up and do a Shirley Temple impersonation... and, yes, the whippersnappers here won't have any idea what I'm talking about. )
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber