The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 PM

Default SOLD: Vintage Martin D-28 - 1973

SOLD! I have a 1973 Martin D-28. My father bought this in 2010 and had a couple of cracks in the top repaired at that time by Richard Pardun at Rocky Mountain Guitar Repair in Brush, CO. At the same time, the frets/fret ends were dressed and polished.

The guitar plays really well, and has a nice, meaty neck typical of guitars from this time. Plays perfectly throughout the neck with good action, all notes clearly.

The guitar, either through its own nature, or after being repaired, is on the mellow side for a D-28, which some people might find really appealing, but wasn't really what my dad was after, wanting something bright and booming. It reacts really well to finger picking, and is nice and woody when picked. If someone wants sound clips, I can make some. Selling to try and find something with a bit more bite.

Aside from the repairs, which are very well done, the guitar is clean: Low fret wear the picture for some reason makes it seem like there is more than there is), some checking on the top due to age (pictured), and two other things I can find - a little ding on the back of the headstock by the nut, and a little roughness in the back of the body - both pictured. The ding on the headstock is not in a spot you will feel it while playing. Case is in good shape, but obviously 42 years old. The velvet on the neck pad is coming apart a little, also shown.

As you can see, my dad loves old time fiddlin'.

Guitar will ship quickly and well packed - New to this forum, but I've done a lot of guitar deals on TGP (Same username - LookerBob, 100% rating, and 100% on eBay with lookerbob), and I think everyone has been very happy with me and my stuff.

Let me know if you have questions!

Asking $SOLD, shipped CONUS, paypal gift. Reasonable offers entertained.

No trades for this one, sorry!

Soundhole crack repair:

Lower bout crack repair:

Headstock/neck ding:

Back rough patch (hard to really notice/see):

Fretwear:

Checking example:

SN:

Case:

Repair receipt, reads:

repair top crack lower bout
repair top crack at pickguard
complete fret dress + polish
dress ends + top dress +
????? + polish

Last edited by LookerBob; 11-07-2015 at 01:55 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
1973, acoustic, d28, martin, vintage