The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Default TASCAM DP-008 Question

Good day to all: I have a TASCAM DP-008 portable digital recorder. I have been able to put down a few tracks successfully and mix them. My problem is getting the recording from the TASCAM onto my laptop. Do I need specific software to do this? I have been able to download from a camera and small handheld digital recorder with out a problem but have not been able to do the same with the TASCAM. I even called TASCAM to ask. Unfortunately the person I spoke to was of very little help. I have had this digital recorder for a long time and would like to finally use it. Unfortunately, technology is not my strong suit.

Thanks in advance for any insight. By the way, this is my first thread. I have found lots of useful information here already.

Thank You
Old 02-02-2019, 10:58 AM

The manual for the unit seems to show how to do this this:

https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/DP-008_Manual.pdf

You'd need to either eject the solid-state memory card (manual says do this with the Tascam's power off) and use a card reader, or connect the Tascam with the card still in place to the computer with a USB cable.

The manual talks about where the .WAV files are stored on the card.

Once you have the .WAV audio files on your computer, you'll need a program on your computer to import those .WAV files into.

Hope this helps. I don't have any experience with your particular recorder.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 02-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Thank you Frank. I tried the USB cable method. It has been so long ago that I can not remember if I tried pulling the memory card. But I will try that soon. Thank you again.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:40 PM

Two steps:

MENU | IMPORT/EXPORT ... converts from proprietary file format and partition to WAV and stores the files in the FAT partition ... directory (folder) WAVE

Connect to your computer with USB cable, you'll get a screen that confirms you're connected

Open you computer's file manager (Windows Explorer or Finder) where you should see a new drive called DP008. Click that, then click WAVE. Drag and drop to your computer's hard drive (or other media).
Old 02-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Rusty, Thank you. I am going to give it a shot on Wednesday.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD