The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 PM
jonfields45 jonfields45 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 3,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Care to elaborate instead of leaving it up for guessing?
It is a cheap plastic box with a metal plate bottom.

The various knobs just protrude through the plastic and are not nutted down, but neither are the knobs on my $500 HX Stomp :~(.

It is a low end physical design compared to a Boss product, for example. But I think not a problem if you are careful.
__________________
- Jon Fields

2017 RainSong CH-PA1100NS, TKL 8975
2018 RainSong CO-PA1100NS, TKL 8975
2019 RainSong V-DR1100N2
2019 Fender Player Strat

Taped Passive HFN, Elixir PB11, D'Addario EXL110

1 QSC CP8 high/behind
Duo gigging no mixer 2 SM58>Y>CP8, HFN>HxStomp(Cuki79 IR)>TRS>CP8 3.5mm

jonfields45@gmail.com
www.justsoduo.com

Last edited by jonfields45; 11-18-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

Ahh OO...so just plastic instead of metal. Not too bad. Just don't bang it around. For folks that don't take it on the road, shouldn't be an issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
It is a cheap plastic box with a metal plate bottom.

The various knob just protrude through the plastic and are not nutted down, but neither are the knobs on my $500 HX Stomp :~(.

It is a low end physical design compared to a Boss product, for example. But I think not a problem if you are careful.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2019, 04:10 PM
jonfields45 jonfields45 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 3,168
Default

Since it can run on batteries, it clearly does not have the simultaneous effects DSP horsepower of their more expensive pedals, but in my usage of the G1 four I can't imagine running out using the A1.
__________________
- Jon Fields

2017 RainSong CH-PA1100NS, TKL 8975
2018 RainSong CO-PA1100NS, TKL 8975
2019 RainSong V-DR1100N2
2019 Fender Player Strat

Taped Passive HFN, Elixir PB11, D'Addario EXL110

1 QSC CP8 high/behind
Duo gigging no mixer 2 SM58>Y>CP8, HFN>HxStomp(Cuki79 IR)>TRS>CP8 3.5mm

jonfields45@gmail.com
www.justsoduo.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-18-2019, 04:15 PM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

the sheer number of effects in this pedal is mind boggling and could be overwhelming to many users. I mean there's like 20 different compression choices alone. Not to mention all the stuff online for download.

Will be interesting to see what public opinion on this pedal ends up being after it's been out for a little while.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Arthur Slowhand Arthur Slowhand is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Cotswolds, UK
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Do you guys think it is much different in its tone shaping abilities than their previous unit - Zoom A3?
I bought the A1 Four in spite of my reservations about the limited looping time (I'll probably buy a Boss RC3 for longer looping). I found the A3 impenetrable and couldn't find any settings that really made my guitar sound natural and balanced.

Within a few minutes of fiddling with the A1 Four, the 000-18 and Baggs settings gave me what I was looking for - it's more intuitive than the A3... the manuals for both are dire, which is odd because the G3n manual is excellent.

The A1 Four isn't the toughest of units, but that's fine with me, as I only play at home - and once it's set up I'll probably only tweak by hand.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-30-2019, 05:40 PM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

I picked this one up. Looper, drum machine and a million effects all for $129.
Donít know how they did it.

Guitar models are pretty good. Drum machine has some useable beats.
Thereís even a distortion effect which is pretty cool.

Anyone know if thereís a way to save drum beats within presets?
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-30-2019, 08:38 PM
Marty C Marty C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Lincolnton, NC
Posts: 720
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Slowhand View Post
I bought the A1 Four in spite of my reservations about the limited looping time (I'll probably buy a Boss RC3 for longer looping). I found the A3 impenetrable and couldn't find any settings that really made my guitar sound natural and balanced.

Within a few minutes of fiddling with the A1 Four, the 000-18 and Baggs settings gave me what I was looking for - it's more intuitive than the A3... the manuals for both are dire, which is odd because the G3n manual is excellent.

The A1 Four isn't the toughest of units, but that's fine with me, as I only play at home - and once it's set up I'll probably only tweak by hand.
Thanks Arther. I purchased mine today. I am hoping the software on the PC is helpful as well. Looking forward to a more simple user interface than the A3. Like you, I could never get a good sound.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-31-2019, 10:35 AM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

Anyone compare this to the Zoom AC-3? I know they are kind of different pedals, but are the effects similar (reverb, chorus, etc)? Is the AC-3 worth the xtra $$$? I don't think the AC-3 has anything not found in the A1 Four.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-31-2019, 03:54 PM
guitaniac guitaniac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Anyone compare this to the Zoom AC-3? I know they are kind of different pedals, but are the effects similar (reverb, chorus, etc)? Is the AC-3 worth the xtra $$$? I don't think the AC-3 has anything not found in the A1 Four.
Hi Jack,

I can tell from the title of another thread that you are worried about the complexity of the A1 Four. Don't be. Once you've programmed EFX patches for your guitar, or chosen your favorite patches from the factory-programmed ones, you can put them all in the same bank and use the foot pedals to easily switch between them when the box is in "Memory" mode. And when the A1 Four is in Memory mode, those four knobs are always available to adjust bass, midrange, treble and output level on the fly.

What you can't do without going out of Memory mode is to change the EFX in a particular patch, or change the EFX parameters in a particular effect.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Jman21 Jman21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Anyone using this in a live setting? If so, please let me know your findings
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-06-2020, 08:55 AM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

The A1 Four isn't very complex at all....I agree. It's just the choice of effect and how to set them up that is a little daunting. The order that you put them in. I'm guessing compression, then EQ, then anything like reverb or chorus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Hi Jack,

I can tell from the title of another thread that you are worried about the complexity of the A1 Four. Don't be. Once you've programmed EFX patches for your guitar, or chosen your favorite patches from the factory-programmed ones, you can put them all in the same bank and use the foot pedals to easily switch between them when the box is in "Memory" mode. And when the A1 Four is in Memory mode, those four knobs are always available to adjust bass, midrange, treble and output level on the fly.

What you can't do without going out of Memory mode is to change the EFX in a particular patch, or change the EFX parameters in a particular effect.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-06-2020, 09:00 AM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

Can anyone tell me what the 2nd effect in the #25 Preset ('AG 80s Cho") is?
I deleted it by accident and I tried a reset but it's still missing. Apparently a factory reset won't replace any effects you deleted...it only resets all the presets to the way they were. Individual effects can be re-downloaded though.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-06-2020, 09:33 AM
amsmarle amsmarle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Hi, if the pic doesn't work the 4 effects on the screen left to right are Comp, Adamas, Cho and Mod Reverb

Alan

Last edited by amsmarle; 01-06-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-06-2020, 10:16 AM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

Thanks. Adamas was the one I deleted by accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Hi, if the pic doesn't work the 4 effects on the screen left to right are Comp, Adamas, Cho and Mod Reverb

Alan

<a href="https://ibb.co/yYRfZ2y"><img src="https://i.ibb.co/RBSvs80/DSCN0615.jpg" alt="DSCN0615" border="0"></a>
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-14-2020, 04:36 PM
JackB1 JackB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,635
Default

I don't think that's possible with this peddle



Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
A great idea I stole from fellow forumite Jon Fields, if u stick a piece of rubber on top of the Looper button so it is above the other buttons, u could switch it on with your foot.
__________________
Gear: Gibson J-45 Standard cutaway (2018), Gibson G45 Standard, Yamaha FG700S, Presonus Air10, Zoom A1 Four, Zoom AC3
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=