The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackweasel
Try the "Y" cable. It should give you two outputs of your mono signal to plug in left/right to your recorder. I use one to take the stereo output from my cd player to a mono signal for my Bose PAS. That way it only uses one of the four inputs it has.
but Y cable is actually for splitting single stereo into 2 monos, rather than duplicating a mono to 2. And my portable recorder does not have left/right inputs; only a single 1/8" line-in.
'14 Collings SJ(Wenge/German)
Old 06-03-2005, 11:23 PM

Ahhhh.
I think I understand now.
Although I'm not sure how you're getting from your guitar to your recorder. But there should be a single 1/4 plug to a stereo 1/8 plug. That should send your signal to both sides. Otherwise 2 Y jacks might do the trick. One y splitting your guitar signal in 2 and the other Y bringing the 2 signals into the recorder in the single stereo mini plug.
This is starting to look to me like more work than it's worth. I guess I don't understand your recording system.

http://www.marklyn.info/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification