The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-07-2019, 09:44 AM

Default Blood blister on fingertip...

Hey guys, so in my rush to get ready this morning, somehow I slammed my left index finger in my dresser drawer...now I've got a blood blister right at the tip of my finger...has this ever happened to y'all? And, since I'm supposed to play in church this Sunday, do you have a way to get rid of them? Or something to put on my finger to protect it?

Last edited by Crazyguitardj; 11-07-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Time. Time heals.

Common sense man. If the blister is still there and it'll risk being popped open you probably shouldn't play.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-07-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Rule #1
Old 11-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

I am not a physician, just human being, so keep that in mind:

If it's deep and internal, I'd leave it alone. But if it's a raised blister, I'd drain it (using a sharp, sterile pin). It'll heal up just fine in the next few days in time for you to play. This is what I've done in the past. Again, I'm not a doctor of medicine. But it's worked for me.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:33 PM

From Thursday to Sunday, it'll probably solidify. If it's dark and doesn't goosh around when you poke it by Sunday, you'll likely be fine. If you're worried, drain it as Erithon suggested. If that leaves it open, you can put a drop of Krazy Glue on it to hold it closed until it peels on its own.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwasifar View Post
From Thursday to Sunday, it'll probably solidify. If it's dark and doesn't goosh around when you poke it by Sunday, you'll likely be fine. If you're worried, drain it as Erithon suggested. If that leaves it open, you can put a drop of Krazy Glue on it to hold it closed until it peels on its own.
Okay, thanks for the input. The crazy glue is a good idea...hadn't thought about that

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic