The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Default KOZM Guitars - YouTube demo - Eva 1 Acoustic / Electric

Click here for YouTube video:

YouTube Video

Here's an illustration of the non-floating pickup mount.

The "pickguard system" is hard mounted to the back of the guitar, and doesn't touch the front soundboard. The 5 support columns pass through holes in the soundboard.

This guitar is heading to Thailand tomorrow to its rightful owner.
I plan to employ this non-floating system in several of my upcoming Heresy models.

Thanks for watching!
All comments, questions and critiques welcome.

Jeff Kosmoski
KOZM Guitars
Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 PM

very cool.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:36 AM

The video mentions a second pickup - is it under the saddle or bridge? I love the looks of this instrument.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
The video mentions a second pickup - is it under the saddle or bridge? I love the looks of this instrument.
Sorry for the confusion. The Joe Barden S-Deluxe actually consists of 2 coils, packaged in a single-coil footprint.
The push-pull knob changes their wiring from series to parallel.

I should say that my main motivation for placing the pickup as close to the bridge as I have, is to get as "natural" a sound as possible from the pickup. That is, I've had experience with DeArmond-style pickups in the past, that clip on over the sound hole - and they always sounded boomy and bass-y. Not what I would describe as a "natural", un-amplified acoustic-guitar sound.

The tech-rep at Joe Barden told me that if I wanted to get even more high-end "jangle" out of the S-Deluxe, I should provide the option to run it in parallel.

I haven't had a chance to fully explore this yet, but to my ear, the pickup is quieter in parallel. It may in fact be "more jangly", if I were to bring up the volume on the amp to match the overall volume level of the pickup in series - but the jury is still out.

Cheers,
Jeff

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
cad guitar, cnc guitar, eva, kozm