The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Eddie's Guitars??

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have dealt with Eddie's Guitars? There are about 50 google reviews (i know not much to judge on) and although most of them are glowing reviews but 15 out of 50 were negative reviews. Hey i know you can't please everyone but i thought i'd be extra cautious. So far their email reponses (Matt and Nathan) to my questions have been prompt and their international shipping rates are very good. I am interested to get a Ltd Edition so not a lot of choice around if not i would have contacted Ted from LA Guitar or Jon/Sharon from MFG.

Any thoughts?
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Hi - I actually had a negative experience with them. Without going into detail, I'd recommend going elsewhere since there are so many other great dealers out there.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Location: Somewhere along old Route 66...with my turn signal still blinking...

I have been there a couple of times just browsing. The store is very well kept; the inventory is higher priced merchandise as opposed to something a beginner would be shopping for. I "hear" that some folks are put off by how particular the staff is about customers playing / handling guitars, but if that is true, the result is sure noticeable. Each instrument appears to be kept in pristine condition. I would be comfortable in making a purchase from them.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Charter Member

Don't know them but am curious as to what guitar are you looking for. Care to share?

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Don't know them but am curious as to what guitar are you looking for. Care to share?
Nothing very particular, the Huss Dalton Road Mahogany Dread. I can find rosewood body but not mahogany. If u know of any dealer carrying the mahogany dread let me know. I tried searching the dealers list without much luck.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

I bought high end amplifier from them (shipped to Nashville) and had a good experience. Best price and prompt shipping.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 AM

I have no experience with Eddie's but Brett from Eddie's Guitars is very active over at the MyLesPaul forums and has lots of very satisfied customers.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 AM

Left two messages and no return calls. Nice way to run a business
Old 03-30-2012, 11:28 AM

15 negative out of 50 is bad. I would walk away.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have dealt with Eddie's Guitars? There are about 50 google reviews (i know not much to judge on) and although most of them are glowing reviews but 15 out of 50 were negative reviews. Hey i know you can't please everyone but i thought i'd be extra cautious. So far their email reponses (Matt and Nathan) to my questions have been prompt and their international shipping rates are very good. I am interested to get a Ltd Edition so not a lot of choice around if not i would have contacted Ted from LA Guitar or Jon/Sharon from MFG.

Any thoughts?
Be advised that they will not refund your money if you return your purchase. You will have to exchange it for something else thay have. My experience was sub par with them. There are so many great stores out there. Pass on Eddie!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

I bought my CJ from them new. I got a great guitar at a good price and had an excellent experience. I received very good communication and service. However 15 bad reviews is not a terrific track record!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

I have purchased two very expensive guitars from them and both arrived safely and as described.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody West View Post
Be advised that they will not refund your money if you return your purchase. You will have to exchange it for something else thay have. My experience was sub par with them. There are so many great stores out there. Pass on Eddie!
That's a bummer. Did you ask before hand what their return policy was ? Did they not honor their end of the bargain ? I see you posted the same thing on another forum. What was the actually problem that led to a sub par experience ?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Only experience I've had was buying a new SCGC D-12. No problems at all. Still, when I can I prefer the forum sponsors especially MGF, LA Guitar Sales and Maury's Music.

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!

Last edited by llew; 01-30-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:16 PM

They do not mention "refund" in their refund policy. It's obvious in it's omittance that something needs to be asked. I always look at these closely when buying on line...and then ask in an email for clarification if I'm not clear on it.

Return Policy
We have a 48 hour exchange period on all mail order items (excludes layaways and special orders). Exchanges must be complete and in the original condition, original packaging with all accessories and complete documentation (owner’s manual, warranty card, hang tags, etc.), show no signs of wear or use, and include the Return Authorization Number provided by your sales associate. Items which are not normally stocked (special orders, oversized or overweight items, discontinued products, close-outs, used products, layaways, etc.) are not returnable. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges on exchanged items, both to and from. We do not ship the following the brands outside USA: Fender, EVH, Gretsch, Guild.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion