The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-11-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashvin View Post
Hi again:

I frequently get asked about future plans for RainSong ... new models (12-string, basses, ukes, jazz, classical etc.) and options (neck profile alternatives, stainless frets, Aura system etc.). Unfortunately, I cannot provide any details or hints. This is because:
I ended up searching for about 8 months before I found a used WS3000, so there is certainly some demand to bring back 12-strings. Whether the overall market demand is sufficient is a bit of an open question though.

And if you made a 00, I'd buy one. Just saying...
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwhale View Post
Pine, who was recently talking about putting nylon strings on a Blackbird L13, has recently bought one of these; the nylon parlor version.

Ted, how much would the nylon parlors go for? They are not yet on your website.
Rainsongs Nylon Parlors are the same price as the steel string versions, but as of last week, the Concert Hybrid series was not available as a nylon string.

AZ, I'm with you on that 00.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:58 PM

Oooooh, temptation. I sure love my Hybrid WS, and I bet this combo of Concert Series and Hybrid would be even better. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Based on these posted pics, I quite like the look and especially the finish which appears to have a brushed nickel/pewter effect. If this is true in person as much as it appears in the photos, I'll be wanting to try one out at some point.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 PM

A couple of nice reviews of these new models now on YT-

https://youtu.be/dPJxi6mYj6Y

https://youtu.be/1348-r5S1OI

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Based on these posted pics, I quite like the look and especially the finish which appears to have a brushed nickel/pewter effect. If this is true in person as much as it appears in the photos, I'll be wanting to try one out at some point.
I'm quoting myself just to add that I think I'd like the headstock look/finish to match the body finish, which I quite like.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:43 AM

I am so pleased with my Parlor that I'm also planning to purchase the OM to go along with it.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I'm quoting myself just to add that I think I'd like the headstock look/finish to match the body finish, which I quite like.
The headstock finish does match the body, Tom
Old 02-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
The headstock finish does match the body, Tom
I suppose it complements in terms of color, but what I should have said is that the face of the headstock doesn't seem to exactly match the top of the guitar body. The headstock has visible CF whereas the top of the body has a pewter/brushed nickel looking finish, which I think the headstock should match exactly. At least this is the way it appears in the pics to me, and jmo. Do the back and sides match the headstock or top of the body? I hope the latter and that the entire guitar could have the same finish as the top.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:27 PM

The top of the headstock matches the back and sides. Only the top itself is different.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I suppose it complements in terms of color, but what I should have said is that the face of the headstock doesn't seem to exactly match the top of the guitar body. The headstock has visible CF whereas the top of the body has a pewter/brushed nickel looking finish, which I think the headstock should match exactly. At least this is the way it appears in the pics to me, and jmo. Do the back and sides match the headstock or top of the body? I hope the latter and that the entire guitar could have the same finish as the top.
Got it. The reason for that is because the soundboard is unidirectional carbon fiber, while the neck, including the headstock are made with traditional cross weave carbon fiber.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:46 AM

This series must be a real winner for Rainsong. They have got the best from all the other series, the things that have been most successful (according to my perception from forum posts), such as the 12 fretters and especially their unidirectional soundboard (which no one else does) and brought the price right down.

I love Blackbird guitars, but the price difference between these new Rainsong models and the Blackbirds is significant. The Rainsong parlor is nearly half the price of the the Savoy.

I know that things are very different between the two models and the two companies, but the people who don't attend this forum frequently will look at price first and last.

Emerald have cheaper models but sell in a different style. Rainsong are the company that are most likely to have guitars in shops for people to play and try. So I think this is a big move that will probably promote more conversion to CF from wood.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 02-18-2017, 06:45 AM

I always loved the Rainsong brand, and I believe that with this latest move they deserve a big applause. Can't wait to try the new OM.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 AM

Whats the difference between the hybrid parlor, and the regular parlor? I understand the hybrid has satin back and sides vs gloss, but otherwise are they pretty much identical? If i have played a parlor, can i expect the same with the hybrid?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:24 PM

This new line is just as fine as all the others at RainSong... I am thinking these 3 will be a hit... just saying'.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber