The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-22-2019, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Default For Sale Gibson J45 Custom $2150

Selling a beautiful Gibson J45 Custom with Rosewood back and sides. Sounds just like a classic J 45 should but with the Rosewood it has more bass and sparkle! Purchased here in NYC at Rudy's 5 years ago..the guitar is fantastic with the gorgeous abalone on the headstock and the very Kool binding alongside the fretboard and body. The guitar plays and sounds great and comes with the original Gibson hardshell case. As noted in the pics the guitar has a few scratches and a small hit on the side. I can ship anywhere in the continental U.S. for 80 dollars..thanks so much for checking it out..any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you!IMG_1143.jpgIMG_1140.jpgIMG_1153.jpgIMG_1154.jpgIMG_1141.jpgIMG_1144.jpgIMG_1145.jpgIMG_1138.jpg

Some specs and hopefully this will answer some questions about this particular J45.....it is identical to a Standard J45 in nut width 1.725....same scale length at 24.75" ..mahogany neck...rosewood fretboard and LR baggs pickup with volume control in the sound hole. It differs, however with the bound neck and top and beautiful Herringbone purfling which really dresses it up nicely and of course the rosewood back and sides. This changes the overall sound from a traditional dry honky more mid focussed J 45 to a more balanced and deeper low end with more sustain and overtones. The neck is standard Gibson j45 slim c and it is extremely ez to play with perfect action for fingerstyle and strumming.
I play alot of fingerstyle and I love the neck and nut width.Using a capo it shines and sustains....also the frets are absolutely perfect...honestly if it weren't for a few dings it is like a new guitar. Thanks again for checking it out any questions feel free to ask!!

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-23-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

for forum members shoot me a good offer it is a bit negotiable..great sounding and looking J45! thank you

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars