The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-04-2020, 05:30 PM

World Juniors: Canada vs Russia for the Gold medal on Sunday! Russia humiliated Canada 6-0 a few days ago in round robin and there was some animosity between the two teams as well.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:50 PM

Montreal is in the midst of their second 8 game losing streak of the season. Even for a poor team that has got to be a difficult task to pull off.

What games are you following this week-end?
Old 01-10-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Montreal is in the midst of their second 8 game losing streak of the season. Even for a poor team that has got to be a difficult task to pull off.

What games are you following this week-end?
Pens vs Avalanche tonight and Pens vs Coyotes on Sunday. Heard a rumor that the Pens have an interest in acquiring Thomas Tatar of the Habs. If Montreal continues to struggle approaching the trade deadline maybe they'd consider trading him.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-10-2020, 11:15 PM

Pens keep winning: beat the Avs in OT 4-3. Exciting game. Hope Crosby gets back soon.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-11-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens keep winning: beat the Avs in OT 4-3. Exciting game. Hope Crosby gets back soon.
What's the timeline for Crosby? I read he was practicing a few days ago.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
What's the timeline for Crosby? I read he was practicing a few days ago.
He had been skating and practicing with the power play unit. He "didn't feel well" yesterday, and didn't practice. Whatever that might mean. Sadly, no timetable for his return just yet.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-11-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
He had been skating and practicing with the power play unit. He "didn't feel well" yesterday, and didn't practice. Whatever that might mean. Sadly, no timetable for his return just yet.
"Didn't feel well" isn't a good sign. He should take extra time to recover and come back strong for the playoffs. No sense coming back at 80% especially considering his age (hard to believe that I'm considering 32 as getting old).

Edmonton vs Calgary tonight. Both teams have an identical record of 24-17-5. I really hope Edmonton makes the playoffs this year. McDavid needs that stage to further showcase his talent.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:08 PM

Pens finish their Western Conference road trip with a 4-3 shootout win over the Coyotes to complete a 3 game sweep. Pens are now only 4 points behind the first-place Capitals with a game in hand, and Crosby due back soon.

Go Pens!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-13-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Pens finish their Western Conference road trip with a 4-3 shootout win over the Coyotes to complete a 3 game sweep. Pens are now only 4 points behind the first-place Capitals with a game in hand, and Crosby due back soon.

Go Pens!!!
Pens did great. I think they have a chance for a deep playoff run with returning injured players ... as long as they can decide on who is #1 goalie. Is Jarry now the go-to guy? He's got a significant better GAA and SV% than Murray with nearly same amount of games played.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Pens did great. I think they have a chance for a deep playoff run with returning injured players ... as long as they can decide on who is #1 goalie. Is Jarry now the go-to guy? He's got a significant better GAA and SV% than Murray with nearly same amount of games played.
Jarry has been the go-to guy for about 8 weeks. Murray was struggling and Jarry came in and took the #1 job at a time when the team was decimated by injuries. It's fair to say that with the way Murray had been playing that the Pens could have eventually found themselves near the bottom of the Metro Division without Jarry's excellent play.

While Jarry has been superb, Murray has been steadily improving his game over his past 3 starts, and appears to have corrected whatever issues in his play that he had earlier in the season. As a result it's hard to know whether Mike Sullivan will continue to go with Jarry as the clear #1 or whether Murray will get more opportunities to play and a situation develops where there will be more of a #1a and a #1b rather than a #1 and a #2. Having 2 goalies on the same team who deserve to start is reminiscent of 2017 when the Pens had Fleury and Murray share the starts in the playoffs, and of course that turned out pretty well for them.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-14-2020, 06:42 AM

Word is that the Pens are quietly shopping Murray given that he'll be a free agent with 2 cups under his belt. His asking price is likely too high against the cap; he stands to make more than Crosby and Malkin ask for every year. If he were playing better then he'd be worth it, but at this point there's an overabundance of goalies in the pipeline. His days as a Penguin are numbered and I have no doubt that he will likely end up someplace else quickly. New Jersey comes to mind.

As for Crosby, I think that "not feeling" well might just mean not being in top condition for resuming play in the Mile High City. The flu bug has also been making the rounds around the locker room. Personally, I think it's only prudent he resume on home ice after the west coast trip. I expect to see him on the ice at PPG Paints Arena tonight.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:55 AM

Crazy ending to that Boston-Philly game last night with what's being called the worst shootout attempt in hockey history by Marchand.

Here's the story with video:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/b...n-nhl-history/

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"
Old 01-14-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad99 View Post
Crazy ending to that Boston-Philly game last night with what's being called the worst shootout attempt in hockey history by Marchand.

thanks for the link but I don't need to see THAT again.. once (or twice) was plenty..

honestly just ridiculous...
Old 01-14-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Word is that the Pens are quietly shopping Murray given that he'll be a free agent with 2 cups under his belt. His asking price is likely too high against the cap; he stands to make more than Crosby and Malkin ask for every year. If he were playing better then he'd be worth it, but at this point there's an overabundance of goalies in the pipeline. His days as a Penguin are numbered and I have no doubt that he will likely end up someplace else quickly. New Jersey comes to mind.

As for Crosby, I think that "not feeling" well might just mean not being in top condition for resuming play in the Mile High City. The flu bug has also been making the rounds around the locker room. Personally, I think it's only prudent he resume on home ice after the west coast trip. I expect to see him on the ice at PPG Paints Arena tonight.
In the long run I think Murray may be moved in favor of a less expensive Jarry, but I don't think that will happen during the season. Rutherford, who is an ex-goaltender, seems to love the idea of having two top goalies for a playoff run. If Murray is traded I suspect it will be during the off-season.

Whatever was ailing Sid seems to have passed. He's in the lineup for the Pens for tonight's game with the Wild!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad99 View Post

Seems an appropriate dose of Karma for the guy who once licked an opposing player's face during a game.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-14-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
In the long run I think Murray may be moved in favor of a less expensive Jarry, but I don't think that will happen during the season. Rutherford, who is an ex-goaltender, seems to love the idea of having two top goalies for a playoff run. If Murray is traded I suspect it will be during the off-season.

Whatever was ailing Sid seems to have passed. He's in the lineup for the Pens for tonight's game with the Wild!!!!
Murray is in the last season of a 3 year extension. His cap hit is $3.75M and he’s an RFA next season.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic