The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Default Anyone got a K&K PWM with internal preamp?

I love my K&K but I think it really needs a preamp to sound best. Currently using the K&K Pure but the belt loop thing isn't really convenient for the open mics I do. Wondering if the internal preamp would be a suitable substitute even though it doesn't have tone controls. FWIW, I set my Pure with slight bass and treble boost and mid cut.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:52 PM

thinking of getting this pickup (pure western mini) installed in my fingerstyle guitar. thoughts on it?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht77 View Post
thinking of getting this pickup (pure western mini) installed in my fingerstyle guitar. thoughts on it?
Love the sound. Even better thru a preamp in my opinion although it has enough output to run straight into a mixer without one.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Hey there,

I am currently selling the Trinity onboard preamp that also comes with the mic and everything. All one needs to do is solder an RCA jack onto the end of the PWM (or get an adapter) so it can be plugged into the internal preamp/eq. Let me know if your interested!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
I love my K&K but I think it really needs a preamp to sound best. Currently using the K&K Pure but the belt loop thing isn't really convenient for the open mics I do. Wondering if the internal preamp would be a suitable substitute even though it doesn't have tone controls. FWIW, I set my Pure with slight bass and treble boost and mid cut.
I had their internal preamp in my GS8 and, honestly, it's rather bulky and hard to place. I no longer have it in there. You're right, though, I found that the K&K absolutely needed a preamp and significant EQ to sound good.

Adam
Old 10-14-2011, 04:33 AM

IMO they sound best with a Baggs Para DI external. (or the equal)
Like suggested... Much EQ needed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification