The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Default Samson Monitors?

I made a quick trip to my local Sam Ash store and saw they have a whole bunch of Samson Monitors on clearance sale (along with alot of other gear).

So I realize that Samson Monitors are not "reference quality" gear, but my question is are their monitors good, very good, not so good etc. etc?

I just about exclusively play and record acoustic fingerstyle songs (and some singer/songwriter stuff) and I generally just use my old (but still excellent) AKG K240 Monitor headphones (I know, I know) . . . anyway, how about Samson monitors?

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 AM

I guess very few members have any experience with Samson monitors. I certainly don't and because I don't, while acknowledging that the Samsons might be good monitors in their price range, I would consider something else that was a safer bet.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I guess very few members have any experience with Samson monitors. I certainly don't and because I don't, while acknowledging that the Samsons might be good monitors in their price range, I would consider something else that was a safer bet.
Good advice Herb . . . thanks!

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD