The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-27-2022, 03:01 PM

It would be more credible if you chose a source that was not a known Apple antagonist on the very topic, and an article that was not 3+ years old.

Two examples would be the last 3 rounds of new product from Apple continuing the progress with recycling, and our (enterprise where I work) continued progress reducing our foot print our negative externalities that occur with doing business. Having far more Apple product has helped that.

I can sympathize with the right to repair people and iFixit losing business, but I've also done jobs and owned businesses that have fundamentally changed knowing you have to "pick your fights".

Having been in the recycling business my first 30 years, been invested in it, and still following it I can say the robotic efforts are not a stunt. I've got scars and have survived a particular cancer to show it. Shame on you if you feel recycling should still be dangerous and expensive in ways we (humans) can probably avoid. The robotics and automation are probably not understood as safety measures too.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:19 PM

****, lost my reply. Just retyping the crucial portion:

The 1st link and the quote are from today's iFixit newsletter.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 06-27-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
****, lost my reply. Just retyping the crucial portion:

The 1st link and the quote are from today's iFixit newsletter.
The first link did not have a date but it brought up the right to repair coalition that has some reasonable and also some extremely unrealistic if not impossible demands and expectations.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic