The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Default The tab is trying to kill me and thumb wrap fun

Lime House Blues

Gotta play in eighth notes....

x3xxx3 xx5x7x 3xxxx3 xx5655. Chord diagrams are the 1st and 3rd beats C at the 3rd fret and then the A7 at the 5th which is easy

The xx5x7x is killing me. TE does it as a stretch while holding the C chord. Not going to happen with my sausages, at least not immediately. I can arch and do it and I may nail that but

xx5x7x does translate easily to xxx0x2 with just a little jumping. Not sure if it will work at performance speed, but I will keep it in mind and practice both. I'm sure my hands will stretch out over the next few months. I'm not sure the sissy way out is the best in the long run. Man up Barry, lol.

BTW, thumb wrapping a F7 1x121x is a little tougher than an F chord on a J-45 neck. So easy on the Martin's 1 11/16, lol, but the string spacing - eh

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 10-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Lime House Blues

Gotta play in eighth notes....

x3xxx3 xx5x7x 3xxxx3 xx5655. Chord diagrams are the 1st and 3rd beats C at the 3rd fret and then the A7 at the 5th which is easy

The xx5x7x is killing me. TE does it as a stretch while holding the C chord. Not going to happen with my sausages, at least not immediately. I can arch and do it and I may nail that but

xx5x7x does translate easily to xxx0x2 with just a little jumping. Not sure if it will work at performance speed, but I will keep it in mind and practice both. I'm sure my hands will stretch out over the next few months. I'm not sure the sissy way out is the best in the long run. Man up Barry, lol.

BTW, thumb wrapping a F7 1x121x is a little tougher than an F chord on a J-45 neck. So easy on the Martin's 1 11/16, lol, but the string spacing - eh

A note to anyone that read this.. the fingering in bold worked out better at 8xxx8x and then to xx5x7x and back to 8xxx8x then the A7 at the 5th. Some stretches I may get over time, but I'm not going to beat myself up and hold up a whole song just on one spot when there is a simple work around.

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write