The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 12-16-2017, 02:30 PM

Default Blackbird Farallon ukulele

I received my Blackbird Farallon tenor ukulele in ekoa on Thursday afternoon, and played my first performance with it on Friday afternoon (Christmas carols at an Alzheimer's center). Mahalo to Ted and Helene at LA Guitar Sales for another flawless transaction. It even arrived a day earlier than expected, quite a surprise during this frenzied holiday season.

This is an awesome ukulele, and compares very nicely with my really good wooden ones. As usual for Blackbird, construction quality is top notch. The tone is a little more "forward" or "punchy" than our best Mya Moe handmade mahogany ukulele, but is quite nice in it's own way. We are calling it a "carbony" tone, much the same as the tone of Rainsong CH series is similar to yet different from quality wood guitars.

You can follow the thread I also started in the carbon fiber room here.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=493158

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments