The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-30-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badweatherbiker View Post
he was fantastic and a very nice guy, the end set was great! I was a huge Tommy Emmanuel fan but I also became a fan of Gareth that night as well.
I did get both of them to autograph their latest cd's
Old 02-24-2023, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Went and saw him last night in Spokane, Wa. at the Martin Woldson Theater At The Fox. Gareth Pearson opened for him, and later did a duet with Tommy. He's pretty good for a young man! Tommy played his well-worn Maton for all but one song, I think. He only had two guitars on stage. I've seen some greats in my life, Janis Joplin, Queen (Freddy Mercury), Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Ray Charles and David Bowie, to name a few. But seeing Tommy Emmanuel was something completely different than any act I've ever seen. He's in a universe by himself, IMHO. I felt like it was a magic show. I mean, no one can do what he did and play the guitar like that. But he did. And it was off the charts on enjoyability. What an experience!! That's all. That's the review. Not really the proper words to describe the experience, but the best I've got. If you get the chance, go see him!!

2022 Fender Eric Clapton "Blackie" Stratocaster

Last edited by watchingfool; 02-24-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:49 AM

He's at Wintergrass in Bellevue WA this weekend. Heard and saw him play there last night. Very engaging, personable. Sang a few songs and the rest of course incredible solo guitar magic.

He was well appreciated by the bluegrass crowd, which certainly contained a few hundred pro level pickers.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
He's at Wintergrass in Bellevue WA this weekend. Heard and saw him play there last night. Very engaging, personable. Sang a few songs and the rest of course incredible solo guitar magic.

He was well appreciated by the bluegrass crowd, which certainly contained a few hundred pro level pickers.
Yes, he was reliably awesome! It's always inspiring how fantastic his playing is while he is having so much fun. He's one reason I ALWAYS perform standing - it's so engaging for the audience.

I did not know until I got to Wintergrass that the show was being streamed. I thought about posting here, but the website was having issues and AGF could have contributed to it's crashing.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN