The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-30-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpino View Post
3 different optional deluxe carry bag situations for each model as well, peep sweetwater.com.

Question is would you guys rather lug ~45lbs with your shoulders with the Pro8 or go for the Pro16 which would probably weigh closer to 60lbs but more coverage and spl in a rolling gigbag form:

Or Pro32 it and just carry your sub in? It’s doesn’t make it easy it’s not as clear as 8 is the lighter load in then 16 or 32 ya know? The 16 I’d say is good competition to the EV Evolve 30m judging by the specs though so that’ll be interesting.
Pro16... Here is why. I own and love the L1M2...and found i could use it successfully for gigs of many sizes...but, when the gigs were bigger and more crowded I always brought the K12.2's..they are way more commanding with the rowdy crowds. (Crowded bars...not large venues...). The 16pro looks perfect for listening audiences and anything smaller than crowded bars...anything bigger, I'm setting up the QSC's.. Also..Although I love the L1M2 I look for reasons not to lug it around...these new roller bags are great! I'm gonna consider trading my L1 for the 16....??
Old 10-30-2020, 11:07 PM

Personally I am thrilled about this.

I’ve had the L1C since the month it came out and have been nothing short of pleased with it for 98% of my gigs. The other 2% being when I wished I had more power for larger outdoor gigs at the community pool and the like.

It looks like the L1 Pro 8 will be more powerful (in terms of max SPL... 118db v 112) than my L1C so I’m tempted to pull the trigger now instead of waiting for the 16 to become available in a few weeks.

I personally feel the features they have added are adequate though I can see why some would like a master volume. The mute button helps.

www.andrewsullivanmusic.com

Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Instagram
Old 11-03-2020, 04:52 AM

The acoustic tones in there sound like trash though

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification