The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-13-2020, 09:02 PM

Default NGD X30

Well ladies and germs, I pulled the trigger tonight. I wanted to give a shout out to Kramster, who invited me to his house to sample his guitars. Unfortunately, he didn't have an X30 to try, and I never made it to his place. But that kind of generosity and kindness is really appreciated. I went with the spalted beech select series. I also want to thank Chloe at Emerald for putting up with all my questions and being very pleasant to work with. I'll give you guys my humble opinion when she arrives in a couple weeks!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Hey String--that's terrific!! Safe & quick travels from Ireland to you.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 01-14-2020, 06:51 AM

Just think ...3 or 4 months from now ...when customs is done playing it ...you can tell us all about it...nice
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-14-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Just think ...3 or 4 months from now ...when customs is done playing it ...you can tell us all about it...nice
Hahaha, such a comedian!
Old 01-14-2020, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations! That's the one Emerald I really need to check out someday. Kind of afraid to though...

Hope you won't have to wait too many years for delivery. The good news is we just started (by some counts) a new decade, so it will probably show up in this one...

-Ray
Old 01-14-2020, 11:39 AM

Haha, thanks Ray. It was an in-stock model, but they are ordering locking tuners for me and swapping them out so I should have it in about a month or less. Luckily, I am a very patient guy.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Hey String--that's terrific!! Safe & quick travels from Ireland to you.
Thanks Karen
Old 01-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by String_Theory View Post
Haha, thanks Ray. It was an in-stock model, but they are ordering locking tuners for me and swapping them out so I should have it in about a month or less. Luckily, I am a very patient guy.
I used to try to be encouraging and optimistic when folks ordered stuff from Ireland, but it always seemed to have the opposite effect, so I'm TRYING to do you a favor here...

I actually have a set of locking tuners (same Gotoh model as the original, but locking) that I had used on my X20 when I had it and have used on my X7. Not using them now, but they're pretty nice when the guitar is new and you're doing a lot of experimenting with different strings.

Enjoy!

-Ray
Old 01-14-2020, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

String Theory: Congrats on ordering your new Emerald, but you should know that you don't get to do a NGD until you actually have it in hand, which Kramster et al have pointed out may be a while off....
Old 01-14-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
String Theory: Congrats on ordering your new Emerald, but you should know that you don't get to do a NGD until you actually have it in hand, which Kramster et al have pointed out may be a while off....
Yes, I do believe I broke protocol. You will have to let this one slide, as I was too excited to think clearly before posting 😉
Old 01-14-2020, 10:07 PM
Charter Member

The funny part is when the purchaser gets notice that it's in customs, then all communications stop for the next month or two....
Old 02-19-2020, 11:41 AM

Shipped Friday from Ireland 02.14.2020, just arrived at my office in Arizona at 10:30am 02.19.2020!!! 5 days is not bad at all!!! I will be back with pics and my impressions... please be patient whilst we become aquainted
Old 02-19-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Shipped Friday from Ireland 02.14.2020, just arrived at my office in Arizona at 10:30am 02.19.2020!!! 5 days is not bad at all!!! I will be back with pics and my impressions... please be patient whilst we become aquainted

Ireland to Az is always the fastest ..of course
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-19-2020, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Shipped Friday from Ireland 02.14.2020, just arrived at my office in Arizona at 10:30am 02.19.2020!!! 5 days is not bad at all!!!
"Not bad" has got to be the understatement of the year!!! That's darned amazing unless Alistair hand-delivered it. Congrats on the new X30....
Old 02-19-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Ireland to Az is always the fastest ..of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
"Not bad" has got to be the understatement of the year!!! That's darned amazing unless Alistair hand-delivered it. Congrats on the new X30....
I know, right??? It's sitting in my office, I can't wait until lunch so I can open it up and have a look!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber