The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Default Fishman Ellipse matrix blend.

Anyone have good experience with this UST/mic system?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 AM

I just picked up a guitar with this system. I gig with it next Monday night. Before that, I need to twick the trim adjustment.

I've played it through my amp and the under saddle sounds nice.

I'll let other more experienced players chime in.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:06 AM

I like it, usually with the mic around 30-40%.

Hey bmc, what are you looking for when you adjust the trim? I've tried messing with it but I don't really know what adjusting it is supposed to accomplish.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

I think if I were going to use a UST - mic system, I would go with the Anthem. Much simpler and pretty much bullet proof.

Steve
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitom View Post
I like it, usually with the mic around 30-40%.

Hey bmc, what are you looking for when you adjust the trim? I've tried messing with it but I don't really know what adjusting it is supposed to accomplish.
I went to the Fishman website and they suggest how to set it. I have been too busy to muck around with it. I think the point is to set the blend slider in the middle and adjust the trim to the point where you feel it is balanced.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM

From the manual:

Quote:
The microphone and pickup levels are preset at the factory and do not require adjustment. However, a microphone trim control (recessed below the Volume slider) may be adjusted to alter the microphone and pickup balance. Set the Blend slider to the center position and adjust the trim control as necessary.
I would assume most people would never need to use the Trim control. However, if you didn't like the range of adjustment available from the Blend control, the Trim would allow you to tweak things.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM

I find that the bridge pickup is set much higher, so I want to try to change that. I like the pureness of the mic and would like to favour it more
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. I just got back from using the ellipse after installing it today in a Guild JF-30 Westerly. It's fantastic. I played for almost 2 hours in a quality high volume system and it worked just well. Even with monitors loud and eq'ed kinda edgy in the high end the Guild sounded full, airy, and NOT quacky or tinny in the slightest. Great system. Though I like KK pure mini a lot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification