The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Default K&K Trinity, pre-amp?

Got three questions about the K&K Trinity, with a dual source pickup such as the Trinity how do you set it up without a pre-amp? If you set it to say 70/30 mic over the bridge pickup using a pre-amp will it stay that way until you plug it back in and change it? Also if you were to purchase the Trinity without the K&K pre-amp what pre-amp would you purchase as an alternative that worked well with it, has more features, smaller and wouldn't cost more than buying the trinity with the K&K pre-amp so around a hundred and sixty dollars?

This may sound stupid to some people but i've never tinkered around with electrics much but it is something i want to utilise more often so i need to learn

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry" - John Lennon

A fun thing to do at public restrooms is to wait until someone leaves, then click your stopwatch and write something down in a notebook
Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley2209 View Post
Got three questions about the K&K Trinity, with a dual source pickup such as the Trinity how do you set it up without a pre-amp? If you set it to say 70/30 mic over the bridge pickup using a pre-amp will it stay that way until you plug it back in and change it? Also if you were to purchase the Trinity without the K&K pre-amp what pre-amp would you purchase as an alternative that worked well with it, has more features, smaller and wouldn't cost more than buying the trinity with the K&K pre-amp so around a hundred and sixty dollars?

This may sound stupid to some people but i've never tinkered around with electrics much but it is something i want to utilise more often so i need to learn
Hi mutley...

I use K&K Dual Source rigs in 4 personal guitars...comprised of a K&K Pure Western Mini and K&K internal microphone. My rigs are all passive (no internal electronics).

I own and use a variety of external preamps. The K&K Trinity, which has it's tone and gain controls on the inside, a DTAR Solstice which is a hefty little unit, a Raven PMB which is about half the size as the K&K Trinity belt pack (about 4 times as big as the K&K and half the size of the DTAR).

The DTAR and Raven have the most features - especially in the output department, with both XLR and ¼'' output.

I know of no less expensive dual source preamps than the K&K Trinity belt pack preamps. Well, maybe the LRBaggs Mixpro belt pack unit is about the same price.

The Ravens are not made any more, the DTAR are readily available.

All volume adjustments will remain unless you move the knobs.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification